PDA

View Full Version : Worked at OASC Biggin Hill early 1980s?

BATCO
21st Oct 2009, 14:11
If you were an interviewer (sorry if that's not the correct title) at OASC Biggin Hill in the early 1980s would you please PM me.

Regards
Batco

Gnd
21st Oct 2009, 19:45
88 - 89 too late?

Pontius Navigator
21st Oct 2009, 21:04
Batco, that was 20 years ago and they are likely in their 70s to 80s. You might give a clue what you are after.

BATCO
22nd Oct 2009, 16:20
PN
See PMs

Otherwise late 80s would be better than nothing. PLease PM

Batco

6Z3
22nd Oct 2009, 18:34
As one of the many chopped FJ Valley students in the early 70's I spent several months at OASC Biggin Hill contempating my future; Nav, ground branch etc or leave. Peer advice at the time was to um and ah for as long as you could spin it out, as you're still paid as a Flt Lt while thinking.

Anyway, between visits to various RAF training schools, us chopped students were used as pretend prospective students for training up new board officers. By the time I finished at OASC there just wasn't a question they could ask that i couldn't answer almost before it left their lips. Indeed, as the video cameras were pointed menacingly at the trainee board officers we/I took great pleasure in rapidly responding, for example "Air Commodore Donaldson" to the question "who is..." [knowing that the question was going to continue...."the Air Correspondent for the Daily Telegraph"].

Later, having left the RAF (I really did want to be a pilot), I found myself at the Admiralty Interview Board to become an RN helo pilot. When we got to "Who is...." I had to bite my lip to stop myself answering Desmond Wettern before the board officer got the rest of the question out!

All totally irrelevant to the thread, but i'm a retired bored officer with nothing better to do! Sorry.