PDA

View Full Version : Sir Jock Stirrup in Abu Dhabi

hunterboy
21st Oct 2009, 12:30
I see Sir Jock was in Abu Dhabi a few days ago? A moral boosting visit to the troops? Managed to grab a few words with the man and he seemed charming.

sisemen
21st Oct 2009, 14:02
If he wasn't distributing condoms then I think that the word that you were searching for was "morale"

Jabba_TG12
21st Oct 2009, 14:14
Probably chasing a freebie ticket for the end of season GP or a job with the F1 circus for when he retires.

May seem charming and that probably hasnt done his "career" any harm whatsoever.

As a senior RAF officer and CDS... well... I could be disparaging but... :mad:

Lets just say the apple barely fell off the tree, let alone rolled along the floor for any distance and leave it at that.

Seldomfitforpurpose
21st Oct 2009, 15:28
Some of those who have met Bliar and Broon also thought of them as being charming :(

minigundiplomat
21st Oct 2009, 15:34
And how many troops do we have in Abu Dhabi?

I'll wager there are far more in isolated enclaves of crap that he hasnt found time to visit.

If Richard Dannatt now leans to the right, Sir Jock is a worthy counterweight through the work he has done for the Nu Labour left, mainly by sitting on his hands and doing a more than passable impression of all 3 wise monkeys.

Stoppage, end belt.

thegypsy
21st Oct 2009, 16:52
I believe Abu Dhabi is where all visa applications from Pakistan are dealt with. Perhaps he is looking at the security implications.

minigundiplomat
21st Oct 2009, 16:56
I believe Abu Dhabi is where all visa applications from Pakistan are dealt with. Perhaps he is looking at the security implications.

Sounds like a Home Office or FCO issue.

insty66
21st Oct 2009, 18:46
Some of those who have met Bliar and Broon also thought of them as being charming

I met Bliar and was not impressed, scruffy grinning chimp. George Robertson wasn't much better.

Neither was charming, they were articulate and evasive though.