PDA

View Full Version : strange noises from RAF Wainfleet last night???

ShaunG
20th Oct 2009, 19:02
Just wondering if anybody knows what was going on last night at RAF Wainfleet about 8-9pm ish? Some quite loud explosions. Yes, I know it is a bombing range but I live at Skegness about 8 miles up the road and can never usually hear anything.

Paracab
20th Oct 2009, 21:15
Shaun,

I live almost opposite and last night there was some strafing going on at that time. Didn't hear much else. Seems to be less traffic there of late, hope it picks up, maybe when certain 'commitments' end :rolleyes:

Green Flash
20th Oct 2009, 21:23
Maybe a low-level inversion? In the right circumstances it can focus and amplify sounds and can make a practise bomb ten miles away sound like a Daisy Cutter in your dustbin!

diginagain
20th Oct 2009, 21:34
Not the sound of King's Lynn getting a much-needed makeover, then?

27mm
21st Oct 2009, 10:40
Oi! There's nothing wrong with Lynn that a chav filter (like the one in Lincoln)couldn't fix!

deeceethree
21st Oct 2009, 10:42
One's gotta love those Kings Lynn swampies!

Chris Kebab
21st Oct 2009, 15:17
...if you hear anything tonight just get your biggest torch out and see if you can spot an Apache:ok:

ShaunG
23rd Oct 2009, 22:41
paracab

Funny you should say that... a friend works at Coningsby and heard this week that they are closing Wainfleet range in 6 weeks!!! Does anybody else know anything about this?

Melchett01
24th Oct 2009, 00:18
King's Lynn .... the only place I have ever seen a fight in a nightclub that involved a chainsaw! You've can't really do anything but admire that sort of commitment to randomness :\