PDA

View Full Version : IFR noob

amanatreya91
19th Oct 2009, 15:37
Hello People ,

Firstly I know its the wrong sub-section of PPRuNe, but-

I just finished my first instrument rating flight test (and passed) and when I look back now, although I may have learnt the 'procedures' well, there are a few things not very clear to me, and need help. Allot of my flying was in controlled airspace and we always ended up getting radar vectors, hence my doubts-

1)What would I do when the take off minima is equal to landing minima and prevailing conditions are at T/O/LDG minima AND there is no published SID?

2)What when there is no published STAR, what kind of a transition has to be followed from the en-route structure to the approach structure?-especially when there is no DME arc , always a procedure turn??

3)What when the procedure turn is out of phase with the hold(hold INB195, teardrop outbound-021)-given as an example approach plate in the 'INSTRUMENT RATING MANUAL'-pilot books(New Zealand)

Is it actually ok to play around with the procedures to suit your needs(as suggested by other threads on PPRuNe)?

No 'book' seems to explain what I want.

Also , all I have is 220 hrs so I am open to sidetracking off the topic, would love to add more to my hugely inadequate knowledge pool.

Toulost
19th Oct 2009, 16:09
http://dcaa.slv.dk:8000/icaodocs/Doc%208168%20-%20Aircraft%20Operations/Volume%201%20Flight%20Procedures,%205th%20ed..pdf

Maybe this document would help.