PDA

View Full Version : Some fresh scare-mongering from the papers

ZappBrannigan
19th Oct 2009, 09:07
Is The Lucky Country running out of luck? - Travellers' Check - Travel - The Age Blogs (http://blogs.theage.com.au/travel/travellerscheck/2009/10/19/istheluckyco.html)

Apparently it's simply "luck" keeping us from spearing into the ground these days. I might re-think my career choice.

ZB

kalavo
19th Oct 2009, 10:58
Of course it's luck - that's why there's more space devoted to astrology than astronomy in the newspapers.

777WakeTurbz
19th Oct 2009, 10:59
Great! I can save heaps of time doing seeing as I dont have to complete those useless checklists and published instrument approach procedures or bother with recency requirements! :ugh:
And who needs that engine overhaul, its only a precaution... not like it "needs" doing!

Amazing how talented the Australian media are at hitting the nail on the head! :ok:

CazbahKid
19th Oct 2009, 23:22
Amazing how many punters have claimed they will "NEVER fly QF again" and that "Airbus are NOT safe." That's funny, considering there's over 600 A330s flying around the globe. Another slow news day?

P.S. I love the people that intro their post with "I'm a regular business traveller so I would know..." :rolleyes:

Cap'n Arrr
20th Oct 2009, 00:42
To his credit, the journo is trying to make sense in his responses to some of the stupid comments.

In saying that, reading through the comments I've lost faith in humanity.... these people are allowed to vote???:ugh::eek:

j3pipercub
20th Oct 2009, 01:02
Guys, just look at the photo of him on the left hand side...nuff said.