PDA

View Full Version : Flightcom and Lightspeed, anyone?

Ultranomad
19th Oct 2009, 04:01
I am in the market for a headset. My problem is that DCs and similar designs tend to leave me with a headache, probably because of the clamping force. At a show, I managed to try Sennheisers, which failed to create any impression, whether good or bad, and Bose X, which, apart from their price, disappointed me by their narrow cups rubbing against the ears and by the distortion of binaural perception: turning ANR on markedly changed the perceived direction of external noise, which I didn't like.
I wonder if anyone suffering from the same predicament has any flying experience with either Flightcom Denali or Lightspeed QFRXCc (or other QFR models) - none of the brick-and-mortar shops around me carry them in stock. Please share!
(If anyone has a used Zulu for sale cheap, let me know, too :E )

englishal
19th Oct 2009, 06:50
I used a Denali for years, and it was a great headset. However I finally got rid of it after it started generating this awful feedback during a descent. All would be fine while cruising at altitude, as soon as you started descending this screeching would start until you turned the ANR off.

Still I recommend the headset, it was probably my fault as I didn't treat it that well ;)

I have the Zulu now, far superior though....

GearDownFlaps
19th Oct 2009, 19:04
Ill second that the zulu is superb I have big ears and its great , far better than the bose

jxc
19th Oct 2009, 19:29
how about the clarity aloft in the ear very comfortable had mine for over a year now

EGCJFlyer
20th Oct 2009, 10:15
Also a recent owner of the Lightspeed Zulu, having considered the Bose equivelant. Having tried both, there wasn't enough in the difference(for me)to justify additional cost of the Bose. So for me, Zulu gets 5 out of 5 in every area. Bluetooth functionality I find a bit of a wasted extra but for some others, I'm sure it's an excellent addition. Can highly recommend :ok:

Mike744
20th Oct 2009, 14:32
Also a Zulu owner, second that! Clarity and comfort suits me fine.

poss
20th Oct 2009, 15:45
Zulu owner just like most that replied, I managed to grab mine off Ebay for £400 so keep your eye on there... unfortunately in shops they are far more expensive.

jamie2004
21st Oct 2009, 16:11
ive just ordered a zulu and after reading all the top reviews on it i cant wait to use it!