PDA

View Full Version : Bomber Command in colour - 'Night Bombers'

exrivofrigido
18th Oct 2009, 21:12
I'm normally more of a lurker than a poster over here, but thought this deserved sharing since a friend was kind enough to send it to me. An interesting documentary from 1981; not something I've seen before and pretty interesting footage. Hopefully it will be of interest to one or two:

Night Bombers Documentary - FactualTV (http://www.factualtv.com/documentary/Nightbombers)

avionic type
18th Oct 2009, 23:40
I have a copy on VHS and though the humour is somewhat heavy going most of it seems to catch the mood of the time and very un PC with all the heavy smoking [NO FILTER TIPS, too cissy ] and not very Hollywood [they were not in it ] but I whole hearted recommend youngsters to view it and think that most of the people in it were their age and the sheer bravery they showed to go out night after night knowing full well their chances of survival was not too good. and to see a fully laden Lanc struggling to get airborn is a sight to behold.:D:D:D

SPIT
19th Oct 2009, 17:02
I origianaly recordedthis on VCR and it was only recently (about 3/4 weeks ago) that I transfered it to CD, it is a VERY GOOD TV Prog.:ok::ok:

sidtheesexist
19th Oct 2009, 21:38
Ex - thanks v much for the link - amazing viewing - i'll be watching it a few more times i'm sure.

kiwibrit
19th Oct 2009, 22:54
Thanks for that.

742-xx
20th Oct 2009, 03:54
Excellent documentary ....... got it on dvd recently.