PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Private and Sport Aviation in Indonesia ?

aseanaero
18th Oct 2009, 14:25
What happened to Private and Sport Aviation in Indonesia ?

I see a lot of unflown microlights/utlralights at Pondok Cabe and the hulks of Cessnas , Senecas etc at Halim that where once part of private flying clubs and the unserviceable T-34s, Bravos and even C-47s that are part of the FASI Bermotor fleet.

Speaking to Angkasa Pura most of these aircraft haven't flown since the Asian crisis 10 yrs ago.

Gliding and aeromodelling seems pretty active in Java but I just wonder why there aren't more sport pilots in Jakarta ? There's certainly some wealthy people here.

Avgas is rumored to be difficult to get but I bought 1,000 litres the other day in drums , it just took 3 weeks to be delivered.

Maybe those that can afford it are not interested in flying or is it all too hard to fly for fun here with airspace issues etc ?

itsbrokenagain
19th Oct 2009, 02:10
Off topic, but do you have any one you can recommend for handling and overflight clearances in Indonesia, especially for Halim ?

PS there was lots of planes sitting idle at Halim just like you said the last time I flew thru which was 1997. So not much seems to have changed!

aseanaero
19th Oct 2009, 03:08
PM sent re permits

ThrustClimb
31st Oct 2009, 04:10
Something needs to be reformed there in Indo.
What i'm saying is that first, the aviation authority need to support or at least
produce a set of regulation which will enable pleasure flying, in this case
a "sport pilot" rules need to be evaluated to promote a safe flying environment.
second, coordination among departments are required so that aircrafts and spare parts for aviation related activities do not need to be seen as something "exclusive" for limited individuals (in other word, decrease the tax !)
third,Indonesian people 's perspective on "expensive" aviation need to be changed!

Cheers.:ok:

aseanaero
31st Oct 2009, 04:20
Thanks for the comments Thrustclimb

I agree on the tax issues , that's why most private aircraft are operated under commercial operator's AOC , to avoid the 70% (?) luxury taxes !

It has effectively killed private owners in Indonesia.