PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar NZ and Jetconnect

SnotNoseJockey
18th Oct 2009, 07:15
Word on the street is that these two operaors will be recuiting soon. Any idea on whether or not Jetstar has improved conditions or paying for the type rating themselves through a bond or similar?

horserun
19th Oct 2009, 02:08
Jetconnect is beter money(85k a year), and the company pays half the rating cost. Pay at Jetstar NZ is rubbish (65k a year!), but they do pay for your rating at air nz, just bonded for 2 years. Ok allowances at Jetconnect, next to nothing at jetstar nz, and jetstar NZ make you pay for your medical, and Jepps.

If your on a Beech 1900 I would take either. Anything bigger than a Beech and the money at jetstar really isn't worth it.

Good luck mate. The job market is a lot more competitive than it was a couple of years back! yell out if you want more info.

waren9
19th Oct 2009, 13:14
If you're on a 1900 then stay there till you get a decent offer. $65K to fly a jet? Atleast on your 1900 contract you will likely have better conditions. Expect to get ar5e raped at J*NZ

When its all said and done, its still only an aeroplane, back is still for up, and its the contract that lets you have time off with your family and mates that you will value.

bowing
19th Oct 2009, 16:08
well if so is PB hiring soon as well and what is there start salary?
any info will be greatly appreciated.

bowing

horserun
19th Oct 2009, 21:14
PB pay really well!!
Just looking on the web site, $91k a year + DTA.
Great variety in the job too! Mates I have in the place love it. I think the tools that made it a bad place have all moved on.

Warren9 I agree with what you say! the pay is an insult. was just saying it was more than Eagle.

Geeza Guy
25th Oct 2009, 13:43
Word on the street......and round the camp fire is that jetstar is recruiting more for NZ at the moment than Aus, the inside dope I got was that recruitment for jetstar Aus will get going more early next year. What I don't understand is that they say they've stopped hiring for the meantime but in the last 3 weeks 2 drivers from my company just got gigs with jetstar Aus and a few more of our peep's rumored to have interviews...so what gives?

Also heard a bit of blah blah about having to know people high up in jetstar Aus in the pilot ranks to get a gig there, would this then follow suit in NZ???

Any advances?

Artificial Horizon
25th Oct 2009, 17:08
Jetstar Australia AND New Zealand have never stopped recruiting, they stopped accepting applications via the website a little while ago but have had interviews and courses ongoing. I joined Jetstar NZ a few months ago and have met many on courses since, anyone at the moment who gets the job offer seems to have the choice of OZ or NZ, problem with OZ is the only based is Darwin with no realistic hope of getting out of there for a few years. Auckland is the only New Zealand base now being offered. Rumour has it that they are still short of pilots on the NZ side of things so will be 'officially' recruiting there again soon with OZ to follow. They would like to establish a holding pool of interviewed candidates. As for the other, I didn't know anyone at Jetstar and wasn't ever asked if I did and I had no problems.:ok:

grrowler
25th Oct 2009, 19:45
problem with OZ is the only based is Darwin with no realistic hope of getting out of there for a few years A current ground school course has been offered SY base if they want it...

cavemanzk
25th Oct 2009, 22:25
If JQ only pays there pilots 65k what do they pay there cabin crew? NZ pursers make more than that eek!

Geeza Guy
25th Oct 2009, 23:59
Darwins the worst place I've ever spent time in.....Its now officially the most expensive city in Australia. Rents/ housing prices are outta control, its hot and things are always shut, service is crap....the list goes on and on!

The waterfront area is ok but don't take a swim if your feeling hot....you'll be dodging the croc's and stinger jellfish.

Its easy to see why guys are willing to commute to work for jetstar in Darwin.

If its death or Darwin..........hmmmm, tell me about Death again?

propaganda
26th Oct 2009, 06:36
Just to confirm Jetstar do not pay for your rating, you do. You pay back ever cent over 36 mths - so don't be deluded it's not a free Bus rating. :=

Cypher
26th Oct 2009, 13:04
PB pay just went up a tad too... think it's $83.5K for a starting F/O going to $93.5 K after 500 hrs on type...

horserun
27th Oct 2009, 01:48
Jetstar Aus: pay for your rating by slalary sacrifice.

Jetstar NZ: if the company pays for the rating you do not get a sign on bonus, no bonus at the end of the first year, and only half of your second year bonus.

Geeza Guy
27th Oct 2009, 08:29
I concur with you on that horserun, recruitment told me the same and as well theres a 10% admin fee ontop of your rating cost if you choose to get jetstar to pay for the rating.....

Im thinking for the sign on Bonus, allownaces and yearly bonus then I might as well fork out the 35.5k $nzd for the rating.

Do Jetconnect and pac Blue hand over sign on bonuses???

Geeza Guy
27th Oct 2009, 08:36
Hey cavemanzk, i can see the cave man english in your grammer, hows that english language prof. test coming on???? You got level 6 or above?

Im know im taking the piss, but hell Bruv, you'll have to sort out your spelling / grammer or maybe your typing skills.

horserun
28th Oct 2009, 00:07
Hey Geeza,
I think Air NZ are only charging around $NZ29k for the A320 rating. I might have that wrong, but if you have the money do it!!

No sign on bonus for Jetconnect or Pacblue.

sum1
28th Oct 2009, 00:14
Any word on Jetconnect recruitment?

horserun
29th Oct 2009, 00:05
I understand Jetconnect are hiring right now.

Geeza Guy
29th Oct 2009, 23:15
Its 35.5k for a A320 rating at air NZ, I got both NZ and AUS ATPL lic. and the rating can be put on both, Cheaper than Alteon by far and just as reputable!

horserun, did you do the jetstar physic test, if so what study did you do and how did you find the test, ie did you finish all sections and did you come across any questions that were going to take a while to complete. The questions on the numerical test get harder n harder...in the practice test anyway.

SnotNoseJockey
11th Nov 2009, 07:06
Any chance someone could post a rough summary of jetconnect terms and conditions?

Transition Layer
11th Nov 2009, 08:59
http://webspace.ship.edu/gspaul/animal%20behavior/squirrel%20web%20page/i-peanuts.jpg

Well you did say a rough summary...

mista niceguy
13th Dec 2009, 23:57
Hi, lots on here about jetstar and jetconnect, but how does jetconnect compare to pacific blue? obviously the cost of the rating is a factor, but what about pay and conditions?