PDA

View Full Version : Wait or Fly ?

Maneesh
18th Oct 2009, 06:54
Hi All,

I am a CPL holder (Indian & Philippines) with total 260 hrs of experience. Presently am one of the unemployed pilots in the country.Recently I got an offer frm Philippines,flying cargo. Its 1500 hrs package for INR 7.5L. They will provide monthly salary & accomodation. After 1500,I can tak Phil ATPL also. Its duration is arnd 1 year to 1.5 years. Actually am in a confusion now.because some are telling me that July 2010 is the end line for expacts,hence the airline will start their intake soon.If I go with Phil pgm then i will miss this Indian chance.so dear frnds pls advise me on this concern.thx

LMM21
18th Oct 2009, 07:30
Fly buddy :ok:

Nimer767
18th Oct 2009, 12:22
maneesh ,,
mate you never know what is gonna happen

fly and dont wait .. anything brings you flying hours and money go for it no matter what is gonna happn in future ,, if you misse dyour chance now you might get nothn in 2010 ;)

Happy Safe

powerstall
18th Oct 2009, 12:47
Anything that will keep you current and flying! :ok:

OneIn60rule
18th Oct 2009, 12:49
I would take it now. If you wait around you'll lose your chance to make any hours which means there will be candidates in India with far more hours than yourself.

Do some research on the company and make sure you get a contract etc.

Good luck!

suraci
18th Oct 2009, 18:10
Do you have to pay the carrier 750,000 Indian Rupees (USD 16,500) to get on their program?

Does this have to be through a bank at the official rate, or will they accept bundles of cash in a Manila envelope, if you pardon the pun?

tropicalfridge
18th Oct 2009, 19:31
You should take it

IrishJetdriver
19th Oct 2009, 14:41
Never turn a job down.

wolf_peace87
20th Oct 2009, 02:36
I would suggest u go, u never know what will happen here in India !!

Maneesh
1st Nov 2009, 13:17
Thank you very much to all of you for ur advises and informations.....:)

Yazid
1st Nov 2009, 19:02
If it where me I would accept immediatly!

bonny
28th Dec 2009, 19:04
what company in the Philippines is this if you dont mind sharing that,,,theirs quite a few other unemployed people who wouldn't mind paying 7.5 for a job.
send me a pm or something ,,,I'd appreciate it...

Piltdown Man
29th Dec 2009, 07:58
Is this a job or you buying hours? A job is where they pay you, not the other way round. Hours per se, unless real ones (ie. you are a required crew member, rated and trained on type fulfilling a specific function (either F/O or Capt.)) are also not worth a bean. If you later go to a job and say you have 500 hours, you will have to fly like a 500 hour pilot.

PM

Flex_Thrust
2nd Jan 2010, 09:08
What are you waiting for?!

Fly. Fly NOW!!!

Maneesh
5th Jan 2010, 04:54
hi sir,,,current scenario is not good for freshers. There is no intake for freshers esp one with low hours. So during this time increasing hours ,experience,ratings are good for the present & future career. So all are checking their chances with such packages....some are money given packages and som r money return packages. selection of such packages purely depends on someones opportunity, mind, and financial situation. :) .

Maneesh
5th Jan 2010, 05:12
Hi Bonny....Unfortunately that 7.5L package is closed . they got 10 pilots. All are from India or Middle East. Last moment i got anothr programme from a flying school. so am working as a safety pilot.

I heard another company here in the philippines taking pilots for their b737 ops.but it cost you around USD 33K. but comes with salary & accommodation in the package.

That cost is beyond my range now & currently am committed with my work so I ignored that package without further enquiry :)

Txt spek removed at no extra charge!