PDA

View Full Version : Any other studies in aviaiton ?

Vilt
16th Oct 2009, 23:11
Hello,

I just finished my training and finally got my CPL/IR License with ATP frozen! but i want to study something more for future benefits for example if something happened in an airline ! i could be moved to ground ! is there any studies, majors, college websites i could look into offer advanced training like aviation management or something?

Thank You

Nimer767
17th Oct 2009, 11:01
google it mate !

BoeingMEL
17th Oct 2009, 11:55
...before you embark on anything else please give priority to maintaining your ratings... and most importantly... maintain flying currency. Even a couple of hours a month will help your employment prospects. Many candidates underestimate the importance of flying currency but some employers are obsessive about it. Good luck anyway bm :ok:

Aerouk
17th Oct 2009, 12:03
If an airline collapsed then both the pilots and the ground staff would lose their job so doing an airline course would be pointless.

You would be better doing a standard engineering or business course that allows you to work in different industries.

Vilt
17th Oct 2009, 16:38
thanks all for your posts

Aerouk

i think your advise is best ! as per captains told me try to find different industries ! i hate business but i don't know what to pick ! i wish there's something related to aviation as i hate swapping jobs to an totally different life experience.

Aerouk
17th Oct 2009, 17:40
Employers want balance, not someone with all of their eggs in the one basket.

If any airline collapses it's probably because the industry as a whole is struggling, if you lose your job then why are you expecting to get a job in the same industry thats struggling? Companies want to employ people that bring in skills from different areas of business, if you have the same type of people bringing in the same old boring skills the business wont move.

I'm sure the airline courses are great fun courses, but you are narrowing your chances of getting a job if you do do it.