PDA

View Full Version : Evening GS Classes

Cropper
16th Oct 2009, 11:51
Hi everyone.

Was just up at Cranfield earlier today and noticed Bonus Aviation are now offering PPL Groundschool in the evenings. I made a few enquiries with the school and it turns out they used to do them but the old instructor left to fly big boys toys and nobody took up the mantle..until now.

Did anyone ever go to their classes a few years back? Good value?

Cropper
18th Oct 2009, 12:33
Nobody used this school in the past??

Has anyone used evening classes to supplement their PPL studies before? Cheers.

18th Oct 2009, 14:12
Hi Cropper

I would not be too concerened of lack of evening classes for PPL due to the fact that as long as you set yourself a good study plan (and stick to it) you should have no problems passing the exams.

If you get stuck on any particular area I am sure your instructor could help out and in worst case you could pay him for some GS time.

I did my PPL up at Cranfield and used instructors when any queries arose.

Good luck with your PPL.

Matt

Cropper
19th Oct 2009, 12:11
Hi 122.85, thanks very much for your advice. I have indeed asked my instructor in the past for some help with pesky theory and found it useful. However I'm only in once a week on weekends due to work and I really want to bash out these theory exams over the winter. I would say this evening class structure will give me the motivatory kick up the back side which I need!!

Would be great to hear from someone thats used a formal groundschool for their PPL.

Cheers!!

18greens
19th Oct 2009, 21:09
Go for it if it gets you through the sticky bits.

We used to send people to Derek (the flying pigs bloke) in Bournemouth for theory. Never any complaints. Any instructor worth his salt can teach the theory and if it works for you do it.

I vividly remember my first ground school: Met - opening line "half a percent of our atmosphere is water and thats what causes all of our weather". I still think of that line every time I go flying.

pyesmith
20th Oct 2009, 13:13
West London Aero Club (White Waltham) does a ground schools

West London Aero Club - Ground School (http://www.wlac.co.uk/ground_school.htm)

Cropper
20th Oct 2009, 15:02
118 greens - cheers for advice, I think I'm erring towards going for it you know. If it means I get the exams done and dusted then in my book its worth it, might get to meet some fellow enthusiasts in the classroom too!

Pyesmith - thanks for the input, but I reckon Cranfield is better for my situation, already doing PPL there and just a nip up the M1!:ok:

Cropper
22nd Oct 2009, 11:40
Thanks ukdy but I've already signed up with this bunch:

Bonus Aviation Limited (http://www.bonusaviation.co.uk/)

Anyone done their training with Bonus before?? Seems like a good setup.:ok:

rogerthat777
16th Dec 2009, 14:15
Just noticed cabair are starting ground school lectures for PPL.

PPL Lecture Programmes (http://www.bigginhillschoolofflying.com/lectures.htm)

Johnm
17th Dec 2009, 16:07
I'm doing IR with Bonus no complaints so far