PDA

View Full Version : EK924 - CAI/DXB - 15th Oct

DXB_Flyer
16th Oct 2009, 11:00
Hi All,

Anyone know what happened with the cargo loading of EK924 last night that resulted in the aircraft being directed to a remote for a check, then being refused a release from CAI despite spending 30 mins held short of the active and having to return to the remote for a full cargo unload/load?

DXB_F

daviddea
16th Oct 2009, 11:20
does anyone really care

DXB_Flyer
16th Oct 2009, 21:54
I asked the question so there is at least one person that cares Dave.

I was trying to ascertain if this was a CAI or an EK issue. I also wanted to know, given that this was a t/o and the crew was in discresion why they choose to fly.

Dave - just because you do not care for a question does not make the question any less valid. If you cannot add value to this board then do not bother posting.

Oblaaspop
17th Oct 2009, 06:48
Quote: "also wanted to know, given that this was a t/o and the crew was in discresion why they choose to fly."

Two questions for you...

1. How do you KNOW they were already in discresion? They would have had to incur several hours of delay for that to happen.

2. Given the choice, would you refuse to go into discresion, or would you look out the window, remind yourself that you were in the poo hole CAI facing an unscheduled night stop (most probably in a sh1te hotel on 10 hours minimum rest), and think sod this, we'll have a kip on the flight deck!!!??

Now if it was Munich, BKK or SIN, then thats a different story:E

DXB_Flyer
17th Oct 2009, 21:02
OK - fair questions;

1 - I was informed it was a 8 hour delay on the deck at CAI

2 - Fair point and no defence!

I was just trying to ask if this was a "routine" issue or EK leaning on folk.

After all, this is the PP Rumour Network is it not or have I landed somewhere else?! :)