PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday 201 (Guernsey's Own) Sqn

Ikaruss
15th Oct 2009, 19:24
A small but moving ceremony was held at Kinloss today when the unit now know as 201 (Guernsey's Own) Sqn celebrated its 95th birthday with a cake and traditional song.

The party games will take place all this weekend with lots of ice cream and jelly (or something similar).

Oh and a wee message for Falcon Central :

You touch our float and the wooden bird gets it :ouch:

Hic et Ubique

Party Animal
16th Oct 2009, 19:45
Happy birthday indeed to the Two Hundred and First. Regarding the singing - was that the traditional 'Happy Birthday' song or some unique sqn song? If so, what are the words?

zedder
16th Oct 2009, 20:08
I hope there are a few people there other than current Sqn members. Apparently it was advertised in the Association Newsletter; having just blown the dust off that from when it was sent out by e-mail in Feb, I must keep the weekend of 2nd-5th Oct free!

Congrats to the Sqn on your 95th, but I have to say your comms suck; a bit like your planning did when the previous bloke was doing it!!

Pontius Navigator
16th Oct 2009, 20:23
Zedder, association newsletter? Never heard of it. 201 - 1975-1978.

Ray Dahvectac
16th Oct 2009, 22:34
the Association Newsletter

There's an Association?

Tis I
17th Oct 2009, 06:35
Likewise. I only found out about the reunion last week and too late to change plans (and I live within 15nms of the base!). Nonetheless - many congrats on your birthday and I'm sure there will be a few ales quoffed over the week-end. I wonder if that wizened old engineer J**ko was there. Bless his heart - he seems to pitch up for every maritime Sqn Reunion whether he served there or not:D. Good on 'im.
Have a good week-end.
Tis I.

Ikaruss
17th Oct 2009, 07:35
Celebrations got off to a good start last evening - the jelly and ice cream were flowing....:ok:

J-Ko is indeed here Tis I, making mini Eng feel very at home. He finished flying for some tin pot outfit at age 68 and looks like he would carry on if he could! Amazing! They don't make em like that anymore.

Big partay tonight ...........more to follow.

Duncan D'Sorderlee
17th Oct 2009, 10:04
So, Who's the miniest eng; J-ko or mini-eng?:eek:

There can't be much in it!

Did you manage to find 2 high chairs?:ok:

Happy Birthday!

Duncs:ok:

Vage Rot
17th Oct 2009, 18:57
You touch our float and the wooden bird gets it

I always thought it was a Wooden Rabbit??!!:ok:

Fat Chris
17th Oct 2009, 21:43
It can be a wooden whatever-you-like........it still hasn't done the miles that the bloody float has!

Airwaybill needed this weekend?

PingDit
18th Oct 2009, 01:39
Happy birthday guys, sorry I couldn't be there!

Ping

fergineer
18th Oct 2009, 04:40
Is Jacko still driving round in the Rolls........If he is still there send him my regards.......Fergi ex CXX

betty swallox
18th Oct 2009, 17:24
Magic do last night. Thanks to all involved; well done W!! Almost as good as a 206 do!! Seriously, was great. Masooov hangover, ach well. Good to see 201 spirit as high as ever. Good stuff.

RubiC Cube
19th Oct 2009, 13:37
201 - 1975-1978 Always thought I ought to know you PN, but still can't work out who you are!

Hope there is a committee planning the 100th birthday celebrations. I know at least one RAAF exchange pilot who will attend.