PDA

View Full Version : EK A380 Grounded

Harolds
15th Oct 2009, 16:15
Allegedly one EK A380 has been grounded due to a substantial size of engine fairing becoming detached. Sorry, no further details. Anybody have further details?

White Knight
15th Oct 2009, 18:59
And????????? Aeroplanes go AOG for various reasons all of the time - who cares:rolleyes:

MATMAX
16th Oct 2009, 08:03
Some Engineers care !
It is always interesting to know what can be wrong mostly with a new type of A/C ...
If you are involved in operations maybe you would like to have experienced Engineers working with you , that make sense , no ?

Jet II
16th Oct 2009, 10:45
part of pylon fairing found damaged - a/c withdrawn from service, fairing replaced, a/c flying the following day.

Harolds
16th Oct 2009, 15:51
Thank you for your informative comments Jet II and MATMAX.

If we took the approach of White Knight then there would be little point in have this website.

MATMAX
16th Oct 2009, 20:39
Exactly , and I do not know who he is working for but : AOG happen all the time , what an efficient airline !

White Knight
17th Oct 2009, 05:00
I work for EK chaps - and aeroplanes go AOG all the time at every airline. Fact of life... Just can't really see what it's got to do with RUMOURS AND NEWS:rolleyes:

MATMAX
17th Oct 2009, 10:36
Another fact is that some airlines get more AOGs than others ... strange ...
Rumours and news : maybe something wrong with the fasteners of the pylon fairing or something like that ...?
White Knight : you are not interested to know why A/C go AOG ?
I hope that you are not a pilot ...