PDA

View Full Version : OAA Skills test?

Nemo...
15th Oct 2009, 14:00
Hi Guys.

Just out of interest, how flexible are they on offering you a place compared to how you perform on these tests, is there a set pass mark that you have to achieve or do they take each applicant on there own merits.

What has always puzzled me to a certain extent, especially in this economic climate is why [if they do] FTO's put such high expectations on these skills tests, Surely if someones willing to shell out £80k they would willingly take it, wether the person has past the skills test or not. I know its to protect the person to a large extent, but they could always give them the option.

FrankAbagnale
15th Oct 2009, 14:27
With OAA if you pass the skills test but then eventually are unable to pass some parts of the training due to lack of aptitude then you get a refund.:cool:, so they cannot offer that to everyone.

I think they call it skills security or something like that, and trust me they have enough ABLE people who would pass the skills test to fill up their monthly courses.:sad:

If you have any reasonable knowledge of Aviation and can easily do basic maths and physics without a calculator then you should not have any problem.

Nemo...
15th Oct 2009, 14:39
Thanks Frank.

davepearsall
15th Oct 2009, 15:53
28/42 needed to pass.