PDA

View Full Version : Kraut Idle Reverse

H1N1
12th Oct 2009, 10:16
Holy cow! Gone are the days of simplicity! Thirteen pages of arithmetic to explain how and when to use the reversers.

Happy reversing :E

helen-damnation
12th Oct 2009, 11:42
Offensive and uneccessary title :=

xkred27
12th Oct 2009, 11:48
Give up mate, everyone is offended by everything. I can think of more offensive words than Kraut...................Relax and have another peticure you metro tosser.

Helen :ugh:- Damnation offends me, please change it.

helen-damnation
12th Oct 2009, 14:15
And we wonder why our profession is not held in the wonder it once was!

My kids could do better (having heard it from the likes of you), as could I, but I choose not to. You should try it some time.

EGGW
12th Oct 2009, 17:03
Am outta town, guys please put the handbags away. Will check the portal when back and delete this thread or edit as required :ugh:

EGGW

Flying Spag Monster
12th Oct 2009, 17:16
"Holy Kraut Blackman!" that is a lot of pages..

ratpoison
12th Oct 2009, 23:10
Yet another waste of Portal space.

EGGW, are you back in town yet??:ugh:

EGGW
13th Oct 2009, 18:23
Good lord, that is quite a document by the DCPB and sidekick. One page maybe two would have sufficed. I'll let it run for now, but no handbags please.

EGGW.

NoJoke
14th Oct 2009, 00:10
Why not explain? If you want to 'out' something don't talk in code. We (lesser mortals) do not read your portal. If you really want to share, then elucidate; else stick to the EK site. :bored:

helen-damnation
14th Oct 2009, 16:57
It's a lengthy document extolling the commercial virtues of idle reverse and giving step by step guidance on how to work out landing distance and break energy/temp and turn around/cooling times, information on carbon brake optimum temps and brake wear at various stages of operation compated to the brake temp.

If you read all that in one breath, you get some idea of the point H1N1 was making.

It came from flight ops and was signed by 2 people, one of whom is German.

BTW (for xkred27), from PPRuNe terms & conditions:

Without limiting the foregoing, the following behaviors are strictly prohibited:

Strong, vulgar, obscene or otherwise harmful language,
Racially, ethnically or otherwise, objectionable language,

Wikipedia:
The German word Kraut when standing alone in English is used most frequently as a colloquial term for German people and is usually (definitely, in this case) derogatory.

NoJoke
14th Oct 2009, 17:01
Grow up. Germans are nice. especially with chips.;)

yoyonow
14th Oct 2009, 17:23
Helen,

It's called banter. It used to be a part of aviation culture.

I note in previous posts your use of 'Yank' please look up the Wiki definition of that.

Lighten up and applaud the guys giving the empire builders a hard time. Again, it's part of the culture.... :)

NZ X man
14th Oct 2009, 18:28
Lots of sensitivity here today! PC out of control maybe.

Yank-Kiwi:}

williewalsh
15th Oct 2009, 05:18
Dont forget the Micks:ok:

Fart Master
15th Oct 2009, 10:05
...and the Jocks

...and the Jerries, or am I not allowed to say that:{

White Knight
15th Oct 2009, 14:54
I always thought they were the Bosche or Squareheads (well - look at the shape of Michael Schumacher's head:})

HelenD lighten up you PC left winger:ok:

Duh
15th Oct 2009, 16:27
I know hundreds of Germans, and not ONE is offended by the term Kraut. They are much more intelligent to think that that is an offensive term. Let it go knucklehead!:}
BTW, the reason why the document is so lengthy is because it has to encompass the "Lowest common denominator" operating the Electric Jet.
In the end, those with common sense and actual years of experience will know what and when to do what needs to be done.

CanadaKid
16th Oct 2009, 02:12
Like noticing the note about adding 1 million foot pounds for each taxi mile?

27.3 + 1 = 28.3 producing a BTMS > 4

or

energy is assumed to be equally distributed among the operating brakes

or

???????