500 $ Visa TSA Fees
1,500 $ Food
1,203 $ CPL IR Skills Test Fees UK
1,580 $ Approaches Fees UK

can somebody...tell me what i missed ?

woodlawn12345
12th Oct 2009, 08:14
Hi Doc_exe,

The costs that you have listed are not for a 0 to JAA CPL ME/IR they are for 0 to CPL SE/IR. There is quite a big difference. I have been in contact with EFT and they have informed me that they don't provide JAA CPL ME/IR. so this would have to be an additional course done back in Europe after finishing in EFT.

As a ME/IR is necessary for any job with an airline it might be worth considering not including the SE/IR option and just go straight for the ME/IR back in europe.

My advice to you would be to confirm what i just said with EFT as they may have started doing ME/IR packages since i was last in contact with them but if they do it will be done in the UK and on UK prices.

Best of luck,
MMC

Gazeem
12th Oct 2009, 10:09
Car and fuel,

you can't exist in the USA for very long without one.

BigGrecian
12th Oct 2009, 13:34
That course he put up there does include the JAA multi engine instrument

Also doc_exe I think you said elsewhere that a car is included in your accommodation costs - you've also posted the same question elsewhere which is against the rules of PPrune - so you might find yourself banned if you carry on down that route...just a heads up.

Plan an extra 20-25% no matter where you train - the majority of people don't complete in minimums!

Kash360
12th Oct 2009, 20:20
Totally agree with Big Grecian, you should add at least 25% on top of any course in aviation. You will also need spending money. If you were like me at EFT you spent allot of time in the Tiki resturant for lunch!! But EFT is a great school. But dont rule any school out. Do your research!!