PDA

View Full Version : VFG Daylight Chart Errors

Bidgee13
11th Oct 2009, 00:18
The BOD and EOD charts in my VFG (July 2 2007) are different to the AIP charts (AIP GEN 2.7). Probably not operationally significant but enough to give a wrong answer in the PPL exam (I noticed it while studying). The chart on p115 of my VFG is header BOD when it is actually an EOD chart.

Anybody else got this error?

Thanks

Scott

AVIATOR1982
11th Oct 2009, 01:30
The VFG has more errors in it than i have had hot dinners, if you have any sense and want to actually pass any exams you may be doing, act now and throw it in the bin. CASA actually had to withdraw it from sale because of its inaccuracy, I beleive they have now issued a replacement, although some shops are still trying to sell old copies so they don't miss out on any cash:=.

mates rates
11th Oct 2009, 02:20
Reissues of WAC's,VTC's,VNC's etc,often contain errors with omitions from previous charts.So be very careful when you are using them and don't assume the obvious !! It may be missing.Why this occurs,who knows??

ZEEBEE
11th Oct 2009, 08:44
Reissues of WAC's,VTC's,VNC's etc,often contain errors with omitions from previous charts.So be very careful when you are using them and don't assume the obvious !! It may be missing.Why this occurs,who knows??

Yep, in fact a large percentage of re-issues of the charts and Approach plates are because of errors in the revisions.

Becomes self-fulfilling after a while....kinda like a perpetual motion machine.