PDA

View Full Version : RAF Museum charges.

Tiger_mate
10th Oct 2009, 10:18
Heads up:

The RAFM (Cosford) is no longer free attendance despite having Lottery Money for that reason. There is a £3 fee for car parking which FWIW I believe is not playing the game when the lottery grant is considered. It may of course be the RAF, or Defence College, or whatever they call themselves this week who as landlord are also Tommy Tight****. I honestly believe that a visit to any such museum should be totally free, especially when the location is a Grant recipient.

I realise that the fee represents awesome value for money, but the principal remains.

Herod
10th Oct 2009, 12:18
Use public transport.

thegypsy
10th Oct 2009, 13:46
Tiger mate.

Who is the principal of the museum and why should he/she not remain?? I doubt that he/she is responsible for the charges!:=

42psi
10th Oct 2009, 14:07
The change seems to be bringing it into line with other "free" museums.

eg: Science & Technology Museum in Manchester is also "free" admission but charges for car parking .... difference there of course is that free parking would be impractical as shoppers etc would flood in.

£2.00 for under three hours & £3.00 for over two hours isn't bad.

Is it a bit cheeky that while blue badge holders are not excused the parking fee coaches are?

fauteuil volant
10th Oct 2009, 19:23
"I realise that the fee represents awesome value for money, but the principal remains."

So does the principle - as thegypsy's little jibe doesn't seem to have hit the mark!