PDA

View Full Version : A few questions...............Wheres a good country to learn?...

BiG-EddY
10th Oct 2009, 09:44
Hi.............

Jus found this website by accident, Im really intrested in learnin to fly planes and helicopters!!

A few questions to anyone whos wants to throw some guidance would be great.

Does it make sense to learn in a light aircraft before a helicopter? progress slowly?
Which countrys have good trainin and dont cost the earth? NZ? Au? USA? SA? Canada? What is a reasonable amount to pay? Where should i avoid?

And is there plenty of jobs after youv done the training? Im willing to work anywhere!!!

Haha loads of questions, jus hope someone can give us some leads.....

Thanks guys.

Edd:ok:

Whirlygig
10th Oct 2009, 10:00
You might be willing to work anywhere but are you entitled to? Most countries will require a visa and work permit.

You need to get the licence for the country in which you are entitled to work.

If you want to fly helicopters, then learn in a helicopter; no point doing fixed wing. If you want to fly fixed wing, then learn in fixed wing. There are very few job roles which require both so you are either an aeroplane pilot or a helicopter pilot.

In the UK, the cheapest hourly helicopter for training is around £250 an hour - more like £300 on average. For fixed wing it is less than half that.

There is booga-all work at the moment in either, worldwide.

The best lead I can give you is to start reading the sticky threads here and start your research.

Cheers

Whirls

Nimer767
10th Oct 2009, 11:25
Hey buddy ,,

I think all of the process you are about to establish is depends on what you are looking for !! if yo you wana become an airline pilot you should ignore the rotorcraft thing if you are not interested in airlines industry's you go for rotorcraft only ,,

just know what you want to do in your future and go ahead this will save alot of money

best of luck

Cheers

Halfwayback
10th Oct 2009, 12:49
Sorry to appear negative but if you spend 10 minutes using the search function above you will find nearly all the answers to your questions. They have been asked many times before.

You have a couple of answers giving good advice - especially Whirly's last line!

Before the inevitable garbage stars to arrive starts I'm closing the thread.

HWB