PDA

View Full Version : Bristol UAS reunion, March 2010

kenparry
9th Oct 2009, 13:34
A student contemporary of mine, Paul Came, is organising a BUAS reunion lunch next year. The following is the text of a letter he is sending to known former members:

Calling all past and present members of Bristol University Air Squadron – Students and Instructors.
In July 2009, a most successful visit to the Squadron for ex. Students from 1957 to 1960 was organised by Ken Parry (ex. Student and later CO) as part of the University Centenary Celebrations.

As a follow up to this;-
All past and present members of the Squadron and their wives/partners are cordially invited to the first ever BUAS Reunion which will be held at The Royal Air Force Club. 128 Piccadilly. London. W1J 7PY. This event will take place on Thursday 18th. March. 2010 from 1200hrs. and take the form of a Buffet Lunch. The cost of tickets will be £30 for a Single and £50 for a Double. So that we can get an idea of numbers, please contact Laura Merlino of the University Alumni Department, as soon as possible

As far as I was concerned, the camaraderie developed between members during my time on the Squadron was unique and is even now a reminder of the halcyon days of our youth! I am sure the same applies to other years of the Squadron and I could see from our visit in July, exists with the current members too.

Please could all who read this note, pass it on to other BUAS members they know and pass on any names they remember to Laura Merlino who can check Alumni records for addresses.

Yours,
Paul Came. (Student 58-60)

Laura Merlino.
Bristol University Alumni Department. Senate House. Tyndall Av. Bristol BS8 7T
[email protected] (0117 9288612)

There is a problem with reaching former members, as the Squadron has only recent membership records and the University Alumni Office has none. We have a fair number of names from 2 periods, namely about 1957-61 and 1971-73, but only a handful for other years, so I hope that the PPrune network may be able to spread the word. If you are an ex-member and are interested in coming, please contact Laura Merlino as above. If you have contact info for others, please pass on the word. Also PM me so that Paul Came can add you to a fledgling database.

KP.