PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar Flight Crew Rosters?

grrowler
9th Oct 2009, 08:06
Anyone in the know able to fill me in on the average A320 roster out of DWN? Also how does the A330 roster generally look?

Anyone with the "I happened to get into a legacy carrier while they were hiring, so I'm going to pretend like I wouldn't have accepted a job with a LCC if it had come up first while I was instructing/ in ga/ in a regional" attitude need not reply.:ok: cheers

Mr. Hat
9th Oct 2009, 09:31
...spot on

Roller Merlin
10th Oct 2009, 01:05
mates there say lots of back of clock work. DAR-SIN, DAR-DPS, DAR-CNS and the usual capitals. Generally longer sectors and possibility of more days off due BOC flights.

grrowler
10th Oct 2009, 01:07
Thanks for that, was hoping to find out more specifically: average number of days off and the way they are grouped, length of trips and general success of requests/ swaps. I have a general idea of the A320, any info on the A330?

Mr. Hat
10th Oct 2009, 01:22
Grrowler don't have any rosters but have also heard alot of back of the clock work but then again thats just hearsay.

Try having a look here to get an idea Flight schedule - Flight information - Travel information - Jetstar Airways (http://www.jetstar.com/au/en/travel-info/flight-info/flight-schedule.aspx)

Roger Greendeck
12th Oct 2009, 07:53
My understanding is that they are doing 20 days a month with reserve days making up the numbers if not rostered to fly the full 20. I don't think that they are flying enough hours to hit the limit per month. Most flights out and back with Saigon the only regular o'night. I don't believe that it is particularly commuter friendly as there are not long blocks of days off. Have heard rumours of the company trying to make the roster more commuter friendly but it is not set up that way at the moment.

grrowler
12th Oct 2009, 11:33
Hey dutchie, missed the important part need not reply.:ok:

Thanks Roger :eek:

A330 info anyone?

grrowler
12th Oct 2009, 22:08
Perhaps I'm trying to determine which company would suit me and my family the best in the longer term, rather than getting a short term stiffy and then turning into a p*sser and moaner/ bitter and twisted like some people around here.
I'm not telling anyone else to work for J* and I don't really care whether you would work there or not. All I was hoping for was some facts on the rosters, I guess that is too much to ask on pprune.:ugh: