PDA

View Full Version : Air Europa-spanish required?

gocicigo
9th Oct 2009, 03:55
Hola,
I heard that espanol is required in order to work for Air Europa?
So, what level of espanol exactly are we talking about here, coz unfortunately, I can say hola, yo no hablo espanol, and thats it :(

Gracias!

girolat_b
9th Oct 2009, 10:17
I am afraid Hola won' t be enough amigo. In Air Europa they ask you an adavance level, proven by a "DELE-Nivel Avanzado" which is like if a british company ask you to get the CAE English exam if you are a foreigner.

With Hola and Adios would be astonishing but not impossible if you get a "DELE - nivel Basico" which is like a PET.

TckVs
9th Oct 2009, 18:03
Is it spanish or do they want catalan? cos mi gos esta muy feliz amb mi casa.

what did I just say?

gocicigo
10th Oct 2009, 05:19
thx girolat b,

so i guess i better start aprendo espanol :ok:

is it a good company to work for, in terms of money, relations, upgrade chances?

girolat_b
10th Oct 2009, 15:21
I am sorry I don't know too much about that. In any case if this cheers you up, even spanish pilots have to get some nice english level before to get into this company. If they are not graduate and they don't hold at least FCE english test they are not called into any interview.

No TckVs, they don't want catalan, probably Spanair will ask it. In any
case if you are able to say "Visca Catalunya Terra Lliure", you will be considered a good foreigners

gocicigo
13th Oct 2009, 04:32
hmmm, it doesn't cheer me up, at all!
Any info about the company?

seasexsun
13th Oct 2009, 09:10
No chance at all if you can't speak fluently spanish (castellano). Lots of people are on the holding pool, so you might have time to perform your spanish to be ready for the next selection.
It's a very good company to work for, the salary is similar to Iberia, Air France, Lufthansa. Very good maintenance, working conditions, training department, very good atmosphere inside the company. We have free flights on all our network, as extra, and we get very good discount on all skyteam network. This is the best european airline :ok:

gocicigo
13th Oct 2009, 10:37
Glad to hear that it's a great company!
Yeah, better to apply now, so when they call me in next 1-2 years maybe my espanol develops from Hola to something fluent :ok:
How about pilot bases, can you choose or depends how lucky u are?

gocicigo
21st Oct 2009, 06:33
is anyone in recruitment process, being interviewed or so?
any info on how long does it take to start working from the date u apply with them?
thx for any info

Velas
21st Oct 2009, 07:22
We are 40 people waiting to join the company. We passed the examns 2 years ago. The proccess is not constantly open, they do examns once and they make a pool of about 80 people to call them as they need pilots. I suppose that they will hire in 2010 and then probaly they will do another pool as this one is depleted. They request at least 1000 hrs, a degree is almost a must, and a certificate of English and also of Spanish if you are not Spanish....They call about 500 people to do the test, one day technical test, English and something else that I dont remember now, then if you pass the personal interview and finally if you also pass this one, the sim.

It´s said to be the best company in Spain.

gocicigo
21st Oct 2009, 09:37
thanks for the info Velas!
so, waiting period can be that long, 2 years?
but, if it is the best company in Spain, I guess it's worth waiting!

Jimmy Hoffa Rocks
21st Oct 2009, 23:39
Goci are you kidding ?

Start with a high intermediate level at the Instituto Cervantes

Instituto Cervantes: aprender español, cursos de español y cultura en España e Hispanoamérica (http://www.cervantes.es/)

Dont ask what a " enchufe " is.

wind check
22nd Oct 2009, 16:20
ahaha yes a good company, you've been waiting for more than 2 years and you still dont have a ******* clue of when they will need you. I dont see the point of selecting guys for taking them 2, 3 years later or maybe never...

albertofdz
23rd Oct 2009, 09:21
The answer to your question is very simple. 2 years ago the company estimated a certain level of growth, along came the banks and put us all into a deep crisis which happened to piss all over these estimations.

Obviously, there is no point on having a pool which lasts 2-3 years, though this company has decided to give these chaps an oportunity, thus not expiring the pool.

In my books, this sais a lot about the "human" part of the company, so instead of making senseless observations I suggest yout look deeper into the details surounding the whole recruitment process (crisis included).

wind check
23rd Oct 2009, 10:15
the company is downsizing the b737 fleet anyway. I think those guys will have to wait more than 2 years.

albertofdz
23rd Oct 2009, 12:48
That is 100% correct.

Indeed the company is downsizing the 737 fleet. It is downsizing this fleet and at the very same time it is taking on the exact number of E195. This means the company has the same number of aircraft, does it not?

:)Details, dont miss any details!

wind check
1st Nov 2009, 09:16
the air europa's holding pool is now expiring after 2 years. So after 2 years of waiting and dreaming for a job, you are assf.ucked by your dear air europa.

The same rule applies with all the other companies.

gocicigo
2nd Nov 2009, 13:01
haha, well, that's always the case in this line of business!

company gives, pilots receives...:mad:

NG_Kaptain
7th Nov 2009, 20:24
Nice airline you have , I rode from Madrid to Palma on a 73 and back on a 76 this summer.
Looks like a nice place to work,and would be nice to go back on a Boeing, been a Bus driver for the last six years. What about if I spoke Mallorquí. Hablo espanol como segunda lengua, y la mujer es venezolana pero hablaremos en "Spanglish" jajaja or hahaha.

Saludos
NG

gocicigo
11th Nov 2009, 08:37
so, any info about the salary, contract?
how much is the tax in Spain?
or better not to know:}

TheOne83
3rd May 2010, 17:42
does anyone know if Air Europa is hiring and what can be expected at the interview?

Hasta luego!

ovo
3rd May 2010, 18:35
I heard that from march 2011, the spanish language level 4 will be mandatory to work in the spanish company (Spanish DGAC) even if the FOM is in english.
Someone can confirm that ?
According to me it is against the European laws.

newFE
11th May 2010, 09:39
Good luck with UX ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

please, If someone knows a partner to share time building in usa let me know. I´ve got C152 39$ each pilot.

thanks