PDA

View Full Version : Lack of security screening @ DXB

Knolldriver
8th Oct 2009, 16:36
I was recently told by a captain that local "security" staff are exempt from screening when entering airside at DXB. He said that no one as much as raise an eyebrow at them when the detectors go off as they walk through.

Surely this is bogus info and someone in the know will be able to set me straight on this one?

If not I know a couple of airlines that will be :mad:

145qrh
8th Oct 2009, 17:46
Same the World over, security , police , Customs..etc.

"Who watches the watchers".

Schibulsky
9th Oct 2009, 07:13
not everywhere...if you wait at the gate at i.e. FRA you will see every one (Police, Airline staff and security) being screened at the security, that includes xray all belongings!
But thats probably only ze Germans who take ze rules seriously...

TheFalcon
9th Oct 2009, 07:22
It is unfortunately a known fact - in Dubai if you want to go through security unchecked just wear local clothes! Sad but true.:eek:

Leito
9th Oct 2009, 15:42
Ar CBC they are too busy checking their messages on their mobiles to pay any attention to our bags, I already reported it but of course, nothing has changed :eek:.

Capt Groper
10th Oct 2009, 10:27
Careful about the reports, if we give them a hardtime, it's going to come back.

Look at not to distant cases, who won?

They have been given a job, not the best in the world, totally boring, so give them a break.

Understanding.

CEP
10th Oct 2009, 17:30
Not only "security staff" that are apparently exempt. Anyone in local garb is allowed to set off the scanners to their heart's content. And please don't think that their passes are actually checked........whereas us underlings are required to undergo screening (depending on who's working some days, you even have to put your airport pass through the X-ray...:ouch:). Don't have a problem with any security at all, it's required, just wish everyone was treated equally..........oops, sorry, forgot where I was living...

Nimmer
10th Oct 2009, 19:32
When me and the missus worked in ATC Dubai, we swapped passes just to see if it would be noticed, got through security no problem!!

Always been a joke, getting airside in Dubai.

PorkKnuckle
10th Oct 2009, 20:07
Ar CBC they are too busy checking their messages on their mobiles to pay any attention to our bags, I already reported it but of course, nothing has changed

The mindset of some of the cabin crew has to be seen to be believed.

Why on earth would anyone report the monkeys at the HQ security desk??? You really want them actually looking at your bag? Digging through your underwear, bottles of plonk, vibrators, whatever????

Why the **** would you actually report anything about the imbeciles at security????????

Try to understand: Them reading the paper when you go through is one of the few perks we have left. I advise you to shut your gob and say nothing when you come through. It'll be the best for all of us.