PDA

View Full Version : Help to Start a Kuwait Flying Club?

BUMPFHH
8th Oct 2009, 09:35
Dear fellow pilots, flying professionals, and aviation superheroes:

I am an Irish/British/Italian expat and PPL currently living in Kuwait. (Don't ask - it's a long story) Before coming to Kuwait this year from Ireland, (my previous latest abode amoing a long list of countries of residence), I sought out a flying club in Kuwait where I might continue to indulge my uncontrollable passion for flying. To my great dissapointment I discovered that there are no private flying clubs in Kuwait.

However, I have been inspired by the efforts of one Kuwaiti, who shares my passion for flying, and for some time now, has been running a project to win popular support for starting a Kuwait flying club. Although there is a long way to go yet, there is growing popular support for this initiative. You can learn more about his efforts by visiting his website - The Main English Page (http://www.q8taviation.com/q8av/Emain.html) , where you may also register your interest and support, if you wish.

Obviously I recognise that there are many bureaucratic and logisitcal obstacles to be overcome if any effort to start a Kuwait flying club is to succeed. But it is important to continue to make progress towards the goal, even if we do not necessarily reach the objective just yet. So for now I am asking for any fellow aviation enthusiasts or professionals, who have started or are managing or contributing in any way to the running of flying clubs, to share their experience with us. Perhaps you could offer information regarding the minimum requirements for starting such a club. There are legal issues, minimum qualifications for aircraft opearators/owners, requirements for CFI's and other instructors, access to aircraft maintenance facilities, how best to seek access or build an airfield, how to overcome various potential security risks and mitigate these, and many other issues.

If you feel you may have any useful contribution to make, please send email to Tim at [email protected]