PDA

View Full Version : Ratings in Qld for BN2 and DHC-6

The_Pharoah
8th Oct 2009, 02:45
hi guys

do you know where I (or someone) can get a type rating on either of the above aircraft in Bris or nearby? I'm after location, $ and avg hours taken to get it.

Thanks

Beavers rule
8th Oct 2009, 03:46
Seair at the Gold Coast has a couple of bongos. Don't know the prices but Pete Gash is a very good operator. BR

The_Pharoah
8th Oct 2009, 03:49
Thanks mate - and thanks guys for the PMs.

Pharoah

ZEEBEE
8th Oct 2009, 05:03
Also, you'll need to find a good gym to tone up the old biceps otherwise the only way you can roll the Bongo is to use differential power. :}

j3pipercub
8th Oct 2009, 11:32
Love the term "Good Operator" describes so many different things...

As far as Seair, their Islanders are normally quite busy and if it comes down to your endo or a last minute charter or re-shuffle of aircraft, you will be left thumb twiddling. But give them a try, you never know.

Try the rocky aero club, they have SLM I believe. Thought there was also RTP in Mackay just recently, Mike Jones was doing endo's on it recently. Might be worth the return airfare...

And have fun, they are a gorgeous, awesome, capable twin. They aint a sportscar, more a truck, a beautiful, leaky old truck, and they are a tad heavy in aileron and rudder, but to me there's just something about them.

j3