PDA

View Full Version : Question for Virgin Atlantic CC

eagerbeaver1
7th Oct 2009, 15:50
I have booked a flight to New York and need to pick my seats and would like to know;

1)We are premium outbound - Which are the best seats? Does the last row fully recline (row 37)
2)We return Upper class, again which seats would you recommend?

Ta.

raffele
7th Oct 2009, 16:40
Not CC but you should find these websites useful:

V-Flyer (http://www.v-flyer.com/chance.asp) - use this to help give you a good idea of which plane you'll be on

SeatGuru (http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Virgin_Atlantic_Airways/information.php) - gives you impartial advice from other travellers as to which seats are good and bad

Leezyjet
7th Oct 2009, 20:28
1)We are premium outbound - Which are the best seats? Does the last row fully recline (row 37)

I'd personally take seats on the window side of the a/c, rather than in the middle block. On all the (LHR) a/c they are all pretty much the same, except on the front rows where you don't get a proper legrest, you get a foot cushion thing that goes on the floor. The ones on the last row do recline fully though. There also might be the odd "non" window seat on some a/c, but seat guru as mentioned by Raffele should show you which seat numbers they are.

2)We return Upper class, again which seats would you recommend?

Depends on the a/c, on the 747 seats on the Upper Deck without a doubt. On the A340-600, somewhere in the middle of the cabin, away from the bar at the rear and the crew chatting at the front. On the A340-300, in the smaller section of 9 Upper Class seats just behind the 2 doors.

:ok:

eagerbeaver1
7th Oct 2009, 20:37
Thanks for the advice.

22/04
8th Oct 2009, 11:07
Not CC bu familiar

If you want a window avoid row 19 in PE; window is mis-aligned

on A340 I like row 1K (343) 2K 346 a a bit more space but close to toilet.

Last row PE also has toilet noise (A346)

Hope it helps.

ODMEA
9th Oct 2009, 23:25
Appauling food in any class:yuk:

PAXboy
10th Oct 2009, 00:31
ODMEA Appauling food in any classDon't be concerned that I am going to criticise your appalling spelling -only that you forgot to add "... for my palate."

For example, a flight I took recently had two hot dishes to choose from and both of them contained varying levels of spices. I am allergic to spices and so I could not eat a hot meal and there was no cold alternative and they made no attempt to find me something to eat as they could not understand the problem. No, I was not travelling to/from the sub-continent or the Orient.

So - was that appalling food or just food I could not eat? Whilst I have always found in 40+ years that - if one hot dish has spices in it, the other will not, so this was bad luck for me. The attitude of the CC was 'take it or leave it' and a shrug of the shoulders and THAT was the real problem.

In over 20 years of travelling with VS (in all classes) I have never found their food anything less than good and wholesome. So, please do not make statements unless you can support them with facts and reasonable opinion.

For the record, I have never been employed by VS and nor is anyone in my family or even anyone I know..

ODMEA
11th Oct 2009, 01:15
3 Upper Crap(Class) trips Ultra long haul RTN from Sydney (approx $9000 AUD each time) and accross the atlantic. Their food sux, fullstop. If that's what you call accpetable and wholesome your standards are very different to mine. I won't even mention a seat that does not allow a lounge position and one where you are forced to get up out of to have it flipped into a flat postion. No pressing the flat bed button here and just dozing off!.... I doubt you have flown very much in UC at all. The food offerings as with the efficiency of cc is way below par. If you have indeed flown UC exclusively for the past 20 yrs I can't blame as you will have no idea what other 1st rate carriers are offering and thus zero to compare VS with.

Dont ever recall seeing VS food in any class in a skytrax or any other credible survey winning anything, let alone a mention, I therefore suggest that "wholesome food" be extended to include 'for my palate':ok:

The only redeeming feature flying with VS and its gimmicky feel are the lounges at HKG, LHR(arrivals and club house), JFK where the service and food are excellent.

If Mr Branson blissfully thinks he can brainwash the general public with his "First Class service at a Business Class price"advertising he is dellusional ...-sadly and grossly mkistaken. It's clear he has never flown First Class if that's what he believes.

raffele
11th Oct 2009, 10:19
This is a thread about seats, not food!

I'd also like to add - if you don't like the food, don't eat it. No one's forcing you to... Why don't you document you complaint about VS food in a long email and send it to RB. You'll probably get a job out of it once it goes viral across the web. Like the guy who did just the same thing earlier this year.