PDA

View Full Version : need a LET410/420 type rating on my FAA license!

amou7
7th Oct 2009, 15:12
Hello all! I am currently working in Algeria with my Tanzanian license that has a LET410 rating... it will soon expire and i will be out of a job if i don't somehow get a 410/420 rating on my FAA license... is there anyone who knows how that can be done? Maybe a checkride with an inspector? anyone know of any Let L410/420 airplanes in the US? otherwise back to Africa to get a new local license + ratings, but it'll be more expensive and only temporary!!!
any good ideas out there? thanks in advance!

B2N2
8th Oct 2009, 13:17
I think you're out of luck there;
the Let 410 was never certified in the US by the FAA. I did a search on the FAA website and I could not find a Type Certificate Data Sheet.
Apperently the 420 was certified by the FAA in 1998 but according to these guys there are no US operators:

Why some LET -410 airplanes are not allowed by the FAA to fly in the U.S territory (http://x-airplanes-x.net/viewtopic.php?t=19959716194999ZZrMUco)

amou7
9th Oct 2009, 09:49
thank you for that research.. I did find that much out throught the FAA, but they told me that I would have to find a "designee" who could give me the rating - even outside of the US... so does anyone know an FAA designee for the L420 around the world? It would be less for me to fly anywhere and do this route than redo all licenses! Or does anyone know how someone becomes a "designee"? the process, time, cost?
thanks for helping out!

petesevenseven
10th Oct 2009, 09:14
Hi there amou7,

I was in exactly the same situation as you a long time ago. I also had the LET410 on my TZ CPL. For me it didn't make any difference coz i ended up doing a JAA licence and when i got a job again on the LET in europe it was put on my jaa licence when i did my atpl checkride in Ostrava with LET's Fly.

Your options are this 1) Call LET's Fly speak to a guy called Martin Lubojacky +420 597471474 he is the owner ask him if he knows an FAA designated inspector that can do your FAA checkride.

2) Just go to Dar and renew your licence it can be a tricky issue because you have to do your IR. Can be expensive...

3) Do the full SA licence and get the LET on it and get your company to pay for it. The only thing is it will cost you a bit of time and money for the notes a good mate of mine did all subjects in 10 days but he was burning the midnight oil. It would make things easier for you and would probably be easier and cheaper than trying to find an faa inspector an going to czeck republic.

4) Please do send my Regards to Jean Luca if your'e flying with him:ok:

Hope that helps,

Pete77