PDA

View Full Version : Ir(h) 300hrs

Matt Wass
7th Oct 2009, 12:18
Since gaining my IR(H) in 2008 I have unfortunately not been able to find any work. My IR(H) training was completed on an AS355 Twin Squirrel. I also have ATPL(H) theory, CPL(H), Class 1 medical with 300hrs total time. My main aim was to hopefully fly the Northsea and maybe get a position with one of the Aberdeen based Helicopter companies, but no luck so far.

If there are any suggestions/advice it would be Greatly appreciated.

Thanks
MW.

Helipilot1982
7th Oct 2009, 19:40
MattIm just wondering if you have been up to see any of the companies in Aberdeen and speak to them personally?If you have not then I suggest it may well be worth a visit as you never know who you may bump into or speak too. Although the industry is not in its healthiest state at the moment, a small amount of recruitment is taking place up here!!Otherwise my advice is not to stop trying, but im sure your aware that your not the only person in this position!!Stick with it and good luck

wingnut193
7th Oct 2009, 20:12
Hi Matt,

I'm in the same position With 450Hrs and passed my IR H in November 08 at Severn. I too have been turned down for every co pilot position I've applied for in the last 12 months. I do think things are picking up slowly but its going to be a few more months before all the 1500 hrs IR pilots have found employment and then the big 3 offshore companys might start looking at us. Don't give up mate we have invested to much time and money, our chance will come sooner or later.

Wingnut. :ok:

GlobalExpressStd
7th Oct 2009, 20:25
I realize this sounds repetitive and follows a similar tract to what has been said/posted before. At one stage of my career I was in exactly the same position. Think positive; remember that eventually you will find the job you a looking for. It is hard at times, but the end goal is definitely worth it. That does exclude the crap that occasionally gets passed off as rig meals! Chin up chaps.

Vertical T/O
7th Oct 2009, 20:34
CHC in Humberside are looking for co-pilots but only if you have a S-76 Type rating.

CHC Helicopter Corporation - Corporate Employment (http://www.chc.ca/employment_global.php)