PDA

View Full Version : Any BPA pilots reading?

XX621
7th Oct 2009, 09:19
Hi,
Am looking to get involved in jump piloting. Although I have only 300hrs (80 on complex), I have the obligatory IMC rating and have sat in on some drops so have a vague idea of what's involved, and am very keen on putting the PPL to good use.
I take it 300hrs stands little chance of getting the interest of a DZ unless have specific type experience though?
Is there a long line of out of work CPL/IR applicants snaking out of DZs these days? Does a bare bones PPL+IMC stand a chance of getting an (unpaid of course) jump pilot slot?
Thoughts on this most appreciated...
Cheers

MIKECR
7th Oct 2009, 09:29
There was a thread on this very subject just a few days ago. Try searching back a couple of pages.

To answer your question though, it will depend on the club as to the pilot qualifications and experience. Some prefer a CPL and and IR, some prefer a PPL. My local club for example would rather take on a PPL than a CPL 'hour builder'. The PPL pilot is more likely to be a long term investment to the club.

Your best bet is to speak to your local clubs and ask. The BPA website will help you locate your nearest.

XX621
7th Oct 2009, 09:57
Thanks for reply.
Yes, I see those older threads now - thanks.

S-Works
7th Oct 2009, 10:52
Drop me a PM.