PDA

View Full Version : GATWICK accom.

annita
6th Oct 2009, 15:42
Hi all.
Any good place to stay near Gatwick in a month time?
Internet is a must and close as possible to CAA?

Thank you in advance.

profot
6th Oct 2009, 15:55
I stayed at the Hotel Ibis for my first sitting and it was fine and plenty close enough to Aviation House

For the second sitting I stayed at the Lawn Guest House, also close, reasonably priced

Was a while ago now so have no idea if they are still there but certainly were the most reasonable cost wise a few years ago

njptvr
6th Oct 2009, 17:18
The Best Western Hotel.
It may be cheap but there are reasons for that! The desks in the rooms are tiny and the A/C doesnt work. However the internet does!

skylarker1983
6th Oct 2009, 20:07
The travellodge is just the ticket.
Its within walking distance, has internet, a desk with lamp and is reasonably priced. Quite a few people also stay there for ATPL's:ok:
Good luck

TopGunGB
7th Oct 2009, 17:46
I highly recommend the Gable End Guest House. It's a really nice B&B just 5 minutes or so from the CAA building. They have free wi-fi, very clean and comfortable rooms, and the price is cheaper than just about anything you'll find in the area.

They'll serve you breakfast whenever you'd like it. They don't serve evening meals, but there's a wide variety of pubs and restaurants just a short walk away (it's actually a nice way to take a break from studying). FAR better than the Travelodge or the Premier Inn IMO.

The owners are really lovely people, and they're quite happy to drive you to and from the CAA building if you'd rather not drive!

Best of luck with those exams :ok: