PDA

View Full Version : US Department of the Army Civilian (DAC) Jobs in Europe

Medhawkdriver_25
6th Oct 2009, 04:40
Hello All. Thanks for your help. I am looking for information on finding available DAC (or other military service) helicopter jobs in Germany. I did searches for DA, Dept of the Army, Army Helicopters, etc. and haven't turned up anything.

If anyone has any info, or can point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it. Thank you for your time.

Scott

Spunk
6th Oct 2009, 06:38
Hi Scott,

maybe it's cause in Germany they don't call it Army but "Bundeswehr". If you are looking for some information about the equivilant of "Army" you might want to google "Heer" or in your particular case "Heeresflieger" (airborne part of the army) or just klick here (http://www.bundeswehr.de/portal/a/bwde/kcxml/04_Sj9SPykssy0xPLMnMz0vM0Y_QjzKLd443DnIFSYGZASH6kTCxoJRUfV-P_NxUfW_9AP2C3IhyR0dFRQD3l5gl/delta/base64xml/L3dJdyEvd0ZNQUFzQUMvNElVRS82X0NfM1JG)

chcoffshore
6th Oct 2009, 07:03
Scott,

Are you looking for employment with the US army stationed in Germany? If so then you had better enlist first because from what i remember there are no civilian flying posts in Germany.

HillerBee
6th Oct 2009, 08:25
Main reason: there aren't any! You can't just join the German Army and get a flying job, or any other force for that matter.

Medhawkdriver_25
6th Oct 2009, 23:25
Thanks for the replies. What I am looking for are US Department of the Army Civilian (DAC) pilot jobs. I don't know if there are any flying positions or not, but I do know there is a simulator center at at least one of the US Army Aviation bases there. Most sim centers have at least a few DAC positions. I am aware that these jobs are applied for online through "USA Jobs". What I am looking for at the moment are contacts with people who are already in those positions to find out more specifics about the kinds of positions that are over there, how to be more competitive in applying, etc.

Thanks for your help!
Scott

(Thread title changed to clarify the request, Splot)

mfriskel
7th Oct 2009, 00:23
I think the UH-60 and Ch-47 sims are/were in Hanau. Illesheim had the AH-64. Look up Fleigerhorst Kassern and tenant units. Se what comes up. Also look up US ARMY EUROPE and see what comes up.

Look up V Corps, G3 Training and call the phone number.

Medhawkdriver_25
7th Oct 2009, 02:00
...for the great lead...I will check it out.

SB