R44
B47
B206
EC120B
AS350
TT Turbine 200hrs approx
Licences in Canada and Australia
Night
Sling incl Long line (50, 100, 150, 200ft)
Fixed Floats B206
Mountain course with Canadian Helicopters
Water bucketing
Aerial ignition

Im having a bit of a hard time finding "the first real job".

If anyone at all could lend me a hand as in where to look whom to talk to or any other information i would be very grateful!!!

Thanks John
[email protected]

Bla Bla Bla
6th Oct 2009, 05:21
My god you didn't have any problem with finding the real money for all those ratings.

Just got to get the real job to match.

Bravo Echo Lima 407
6th Oct 2009, 05:26
Well after some time in the oil patch i wanted to put the money to good use not waste it.

Hence i did some extra training.

Are there any company's looking at the moment for any low timers?

chcoffshore
6th Oct 2009, 05:47
My god you didn't have any problem with finding the real money for all those ratings.

Just got to get the real job to match.

That was helpful!:ugh:

helimutt
6th Oct 2009, 08:02
Well, to try and be positive you certainly seem to have racked up some useful courses there in your 300 hours. Unfortunately, there are a load of pilots looking for work right now who have more hours/experience/etc than yourself. You just have to go out and be really pro-active. Visit places. Meet people. If there's one thing i've learned from this industry, you can have all of the qualifications in the world but there is definitely a 'not what you know, it's who you know' thing going on. Hence the reason to get out and visit places.

It all depends where you want to work too. I would have thought there were more opportunities in Canada than other places, but as i'm from the UK, I wouldn't know.

Good luck in your quest though!

topendtorque
6th Oct 2009, 12:53
It may be useful to study the currencies of those countries that do a bit of tourism.
whenever they are down the touro's flock there, meaning more touro pilots required, hanger rats an' all. Not meaning that you take home dollars, but what do you want? hours or a dream.
all the best tet

What Limits
6th Oct 2009, 15:05
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the low-timers we just laid off have gone back to the ol patch to make some money in the short term.

Good to see the flight schools are making plenty of money!

Bravo Echo Lima 407
6th Oct 2009, 15:22
Thanks for that, im thinking along similar terms i might go for a big drive and just visit a great number of places just to see what interest there is for next season.