PDA

View Full Version : GA Opportunities Abroad

rodrigues
6th Oct 2009, 01:17
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone is able to provide some insight into post-training opportunities overseas. I'm nearing the end of my CPL training, and have no issues with digging around for that illusive job here in Oz, but I'm desperately wanting to spend a bit of time overseas while I'm still young and free. I'm also looking at potentially completing an instructor rating, so Instructional opportunities would be relevant.

I am particularly interested in Japan, though am beginning to get the idea that little opportunity exists outside of experienced Airline flying.

Thanks in advance.

Dunnza
6th Oct 2009, 05:34
PM me for an insight...

We should have a contract on an island off the east coast of Aussie hopefully shortly

solowflyer
6th Oct 2009, 07:35
Have a read through this Maun 2008-2009 season in the africa fourum

inver TED
6th Oct 2009, 09:47
Rodrigues,

I have also been thinking about working overseas and will be watching this thread to see if anything develops.

If anyone has info about the Asian job markets, especially in regard to making contacts, conversion of licence and obviously hour requirements, it would be most welcome.

I have a bit over 2500 with 500 multi, CIR and G1 FIR.

Ted

mingalababya
6th Oct 2009, 10:15
If anyone has info about the Asian job markets, especially in regard to making contacts, conversion of licence and obviously hour requirements, it would be most welcome.

I have a bit over 2500 with 500 multi, CIR and G1 FIR.

Ted

Rodrigues, Ted, I also hold a Chinese CAAC CPL/IR and Flight Instructor rating. Currently, there's not much going over there with two "international" flying schools going bust in recent times, and a third struggling to keep its head above water. There may be a possibility of a new school recruiting foreign instructors next year, but at the moment, nothing is certain.

GA is still a new concept in China. There is a big problem with getting clearances, even to operate in the training area. Where I was based, we couldn't even do circuits when there was a 737 or A320 inbound, 20 minutes away as ATC still have a lot of trouble separating GA aircraft from airliners procedurally. On top of all that, we then had the military closing our training area at short notice and without any notice of when it will be reopened again. Getting clearances for navex was also difficult, and we had some students waiting months just to do one nav. No wonder the local flying schools went bust. And it's no wonder why many Chinese cadet pilots come to Australia to train.

There has been a lot of talk about China opening its skies in 2010 to GA, but at the moment, from where we were, there were no signs that this will ever happen in the near future.

Other options around Asia look more promising, in particular, Malaysia and the new flight school in Bali.

rodrigues
6th Oct 2009, 10:46
Very insightful mingalababya, thanks for that.

If anyone has any experience or knowledge in Japan or South America, please share.

Thanks guys.

The Hill
6th Oct 2009, 17:41
as with solowflyer, two words.......Maun, Botswana!!:ok:

wishiwasupthere
7th Oct 2009, 10:42
The job advertised today (7/10) on AFAP looks interesting. Anyone know what am AM60 is? Can't help but notice nothing mentioned about min hours.

ATR & AM60 FIRST OFFICERS Required
Min Req:
* Any Citizen
* ICAO Approved CPL/IFR-ME
* Class 1 Medical
Company will provide:
* Type rating (min 3yrs Bond) or (Self Sponsored)
* Visa to live & work in Indonesia
If interested, forward a 1 page CV to ............ to be considered.
Further details provided upon application

OkieJet
9th Oct 2009, 01:24
I believe it's MA-60 instead of AM-60 :)

Dunnza
9th Oct 2009, 01:48
Never knew PPRune was an advertising space. See the other thread, stay away and be warned!

tmpffisch
9th Oct 2009, 01:57
:ugh: This is now the 3rd thread in a few days which includes that Indo ad!

Playford
9th Oct 2009, 03:53
Hi Rodrigues,

See the link below (Skilled labor, item No.7) and it states that to get a pilot visa in Japan you need to have at least 2,500 hours. I think sponsorship is required as well.

Some years ago, in a small bar in Tokyo, I met some non-Japanese experienced 747 pilots training with JAL so it is possible to get to Japan as a pilot. I think however, you will need to be further up the career ladder before you can get a chance to fly in Japan.

Best of luck.

MOFA: A Guide to Japanese Visas - Appendix 1: Ministerial Ordinance to Provide for Criteria pursuant to Article 7, Paragraph 1 (2) of the Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act (http://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/visa/appendix1.html#9)

training wheels
21st Oct 2009, 08:15
PM me for an insight...

We should have a contract on an island off the east coast of Aussie hopefully shortly

Has anyone received a reply from Dunnza after PMing him/her for an insight? I'm not having a go at him, but he was the one who asked to be PMed about this.

BTW, what happened to Dunnza's C208 thread? I can't seem to find it anymore. Another case of Ctrl-Alt-Delete? :hmm:

MyNameIsIs
21st Oct 2009, 10:27
Solomon Airlines

Twin Otter F/O.

ICAO CPL & MECIR. 'tis all you need.

frigatebird
21st Oct 2009, 10:43
Otter Captains need ATPL. And for the 3 F/O's going onto Dash 8, a Cpl won't get them further up til they get the new requirements.

Lodown
21st Oct 2009, 19:48
Flew GA in Japan for a year and had a blast, but it was a long time ago. Aviation laws based on US regs. Work permits were very difficult without sponsorship or marriage (read: you better know someone or have needed skills that can't be obtained in Japan) and have a bucketload of cash and time for the medical and exams.

There aren't a lot of options available for fresh pilots. You have to look to places that have difficulty attracting pilots. Japan isn't one of them. Good luck.

schoolboy
23rd Oct 2009, 08:29
Find me a spot in Canada and I'm out of here!

aryakethan
26th Oct 2009, 01:24
hi i m cpl license holder from canada
looking forward to work ,
so is the oppurtunity in indoneasia is still available
if it is whom to contact and how to go about it
i will be happy if u reply me back

The Green Goblin
26th Oct 2009, 01:31
To many people started asking questions about Dunza and his non existent caravans. I would assume he deleted his own thread to try and perpetuate his own myth.

Getting a job flying the said caravan would be akin to Homers odyssey. A great story and interesting reading but that is about where it ends.

As research from several ppruners concluded, 3 Caravans have hit the register this year, one for a sky diving mob, one for chartair and another for a survey company. The country is to small along with the industry to hide a few brand new caravans somewhere.

Not only that but Cessna have not indicated a Caravan sale to Australia recently either that would fit the tale.

Perhaps Dunza is WannabQF?

j3pipercub
26th Oct 2009, 01:47
Perhaps Dunza is WannabQF?

Yes, very disappointing Dunnza, you've gone all quiet too I've noticed.

The Green Goblin
26th Oct 2009, 02:03
http://aspac.sobratoarts.org/uploads/event/title_event_mythbusters.gif

MYTH BUSTED

freshy1234
26th Oct 2009, 09:53
I believe someone just got told...:D