PDA

View Full Version : Wizz air (Merged 2011)

K08
5th Oct 2009, 21:34
Sooo... WizzAir seems to be hiring.

Has anyone applied yet and did they contact you back?
And how are your overall experiences anyway plus who else have been hiring lately besides Ryan?

Next time no text-speak please
HWB

Superpilot
6th Oct 2009, 06:50
I applied. I am low hours, no time on type but A320 rated. Somebody in the know has told me they have had well over 800 applications for this time around, the vast majority from experienced pilots. Also, I've heard it twice now that traditionally only 250 hour low time pilots from Poland are offered a job. Just what I've heard.

mrmach
6th Oct 2009, 09:02
I applied W!ZZ last summer. Updated it my application couple of days ago... +1,500h TT almost 600h on A320. Still no answer... :ugh:

flash737
6th Oct 2009, 09:09
Do Wizzair take on ab initio guys through any flight schools or do they only take on ppl with frozen atpl ? Can`t find anything on their website about it, just thought I`d ask.

gbanderas
6th Oct 2009, 10:50
I also applied with 270TT, no TR, only MCC and JatFam on a320 sim. I heard tabout he 800 applicants too. still waiting...:hmm:

blusky75
6th Oct 2009, 11:30
already applied 1500 tt atpl 1000 jet but not on A320

EpsilonVaz
6th Oct 2009, 12:24
A friend of mine got in a few months ago with ~400TT (150 on A320).

blusky75
6th Oct 2009, 12:37
they prefer only A320 rated? coz I saw they are looking also for non type rated

K08
7th Oct 2009, 04:19
Oh wow.... I dont want to be overly pessimistic nor make any conclusions too early but it seems that its gonna be really hard to get in there.....

Its like hundreds of hungry wolves smelling the blood of one tiny rabbit in the big empty forest. :bored:

WMB
7th Oct 2009, 11:41
Was talking to an ex-Whizz air ground guy in Warsaw last Sunday, just make sure it is really for you, before you sign on the dotted line!!!

lorenzo77
7th Oct 2009, 13:56
WMB, can u elaborate?

Awaiting Push
7th Oct 2009, 16:29
Not confirmed but I heard that 800 applicant figure is more in the region of 4,000!!! Thats probably why nobody has heard yet!!:{

tali
7th Oct 2009, 17:45
4000 pilots.... thats too much...half of them high experienced for sure.... without job or want to move ... and they pay very low... imagine other companies.....

stefair
7th Oct 2009, 18:12
I find 4000 a bit too high as well but spoke to a FlyNiki FO the other day, as I was also wondering why I did not get invited (they were seeking 30 FOs). According to him they had a good 1000 CVs sent in, some of which were from guys with a few thousand hours under their belt! That's how grim it looks like out there right now.... Depressing. :ugh:

Hernando
8th Oct 2009, 16:04
Dear friends, how do you know that there are x or y amounts of applicants? It sounds like everyone has someone on the inside :sad:.

Saying that, I reckon about 5000 pilots to one job low hours, and 500 to one job with time on type. This is what I estimate, (based on absolutely nothing)

Anyhow are they still accepting applications at the moment? (past the 5th october?)

See you

lpokijuhyt
8th Oct 2009, 19:29
Ideally you should be Polish (or possess a knowledge of plumbing) and have time in A320. Obviously, they can't say this on their webpage for legal reasons, but the recruitment probably received more than their fair-share of CV's with pilots with thousands of hours in TYPE. :ok:

K08
8th Oct 2009, 21:05
The deadline of 5th of Oct was for the job that was based in Sofia. Other than that should be still good- so yes, they should still accept the applications.

And ofcourse! Tell me one place where the first preference is NOT given for people from your own nation??
Would be odd if BA talks first to Siberian rather than Britt (with all my respect to Siberian and UK people). I dont think its a fair and right way to do business but thats the way how the life is...

Life "...:mad:.." sometimes!! Specially in aviation right now....

Ronand
11th Oct 2009, 21:48
So has anyone heared something from them yet? Applied there about 6 weeks ago but no answer except the automatic confirmation message....

Ronand
14th Oct 2009, 15:40
It seems that they recieved huge amounts of applications. A mate of mine with 600TT and 200 on A320 didn't even get a callback. I think there is not really a chance of an interview if you have less than 500hrs on A320. Except if you are polish or you have got good contacts.... :bored:

gbanderas
15th Oct 2009, 07:04
they are hiring non-type rated FOs too on the website. for me it means that they're looking for pilots without any a320 hours...

johnleahy
15th Oct 2009, 09:42
I think you'll find that the recruitment is being handled by an external agency.

If desperate, you can always try the other option:
http://www.simulator-experience.com/wizzair-cadet-scheme.html

Ronand
15th Oct 2009, 13:36
Reading threw the link, I found that it doesn't state what the scheme costs are.
And I came across this paragraph:
"The best time is NOW!
Now, is a great time to consider a career in the airline industry.
There is Growing Demand for Airline Pilots." Hahaha :D This made my day!!

THRILLSEEKER
15th Oct 2009, 18:04
The airline industry
has much to offer:

Thousands of Job Openings Every Month :eek: :p

That has got to be the funniest thing I have seen in a long time!

Ronand
16th Oct 2009, 10:28
"Thousands of Job Openings Every Month"
This is hilarious!! Definitely the funniest page I've seen in a fu... long time!!

Sciolistes
16th Oct 2009, 11:02
Looks like the same people behind the ATP Easyjet and BMI SSTR/line training scheme. Did anybody ever get a job with that outfit?

SW1
16th Oct 2009, 11:48
Guys, that was from 2007. If you look on the simulator expericence website thats not on offer anymore.

I heard 12 got hired by Easyjet..

Mondeoman
16th Oct 2009, 13:16
Gentlemen, Regarding the Home Nation Bias. Being Polish should not be much of an advantage as Wizz is a HUNGARIAN ! Airline

SextanteUK
16th Oct 2009, 14:23
This program only offers you TR+Line Training and may be 6 months of contract. It's the "free lance movement", no more fixed jobs with this agencies.

stansdead
16th Oct 2009, 14:27
JohnLeahy,

Recruitment is handled by Wizzair employees. Not an agency.

MondeoMan,

Technically correct, but Wizz will become Swiss soon.

As for the number of applicants: I heard 3000, from a man involved with it. That was 2 weeks ago, and he was sitting on my Flightdeck jumpseat at the time, looking me in the eye and being honest.

So, don't EXPECT phonecalls soon........ but it may happen if you are lucky.

Stan the Skipper

Ronand
16th Oct 2009, 16:47
@Stansdead Do you know for how many FO's they are looking?

stansdead
16th Oct 2009, 16:58
No. But I do know that low houred "Cadet" recruitment will probably be lower than previously, due to the nature of the current markey. i.e. experience freely available.

Good luck.

Superpilot
16th Oct 2009, 20:13
Makes a nice change though hey Stan? I mean, a loco airline not hiring low houred cheap labour :ok:

ATR 250 Vmo
17th Oct 2009, 12:47
Things changes so quick here in the industry, with economics up and downturns.

I remember in summer 2007, Wizz called up a few guys (polish local airline guys) and invited them, and said to bring their mates from work as well, for a Wizz presentation/ recruitment evening..

A few days later in a bar not far from Warsaw airport, two Wizz HR employees where spending beers and promoted Wizz as a future expanding airline etc and to sign up on the list for a immediate interview date and was offering free(!) type rating for a 3 year bond plus training salary and more.... Wizz requirement at that time was to have more or less a thousand airline hours, but they where flexible!

Around 20-30 guys rocked up, mainly from EuroLOT but also from LOT and now bankrupted Centralwings.. There was a few guys that joined Wizz after the bar evening, but Wizz also said no thanks to some experienced guys (both capt and FOs) at that time even though they where lacking crew here in Poland.

Today, two years later the market is just the opposite. No airline is hiring here in Poland, except Wizz.!! With the economical problems that EuroLOT / LOT have today, and the busted Centralwings, many local experienced guys are waiting for interviews.

I recently heard that Wizz target is to have up to 70% internal upgrades to captains, and they are aiming to hire local crews in every Wizz operating country. This will probably not always be the case, but as Stansdead mentioned above to be a low hour and a "non-local", the chances will be rather small.

Wizz have X amount of sim type ratings included with Airbus because of the new planes their getting, so its not very demanding for the Wizz training department to send down non type rated guys to Toulouse since they are trained by Airbus TRI/TRE and not by Wizz instructors. Plus today Wizz charges 15.000 euros plus bond for the type (even for local guys), so good business for the company.

So for the next coming years, there will be no more free beer evenings with Wizz, they are playing the cards today.!

ATR 250

HUSKYdriver69
23rd Oct 2009, 10:27
any news on Wizz recruitement? I heared Wizz will add another a/c to Warsaw base...

ONCALL
28th Oct 2009, 14:59
what I hear is they are growing by leaps and bounds. A guy I know who was COO for Frontier Airlines based in Denver Colorado just took a job with Wizz Air as their new COO.

skypilot320
31st Oct 2009, 10:20
Hi every one I'm A320 F/O job hunting,I have a Hungarian CPL too,any suggestions about Wizz Air please?

Thanks http://www.luchtzak.be/forums/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

DME11.2
31st Oct 2009, 15:10
So Wizzair is not recruiting via CAE this time??

Captain Shampoo
2nd Nov 2009, 17:21
Has Wizzair started to contact applicants ?

Thanks

AirChaser
10th Nov 2009, 04:59
Hello Everyone

I'm new to this forum, but already shocked...
I have read a few threads and noticed there's quite a bit of guys with 400 or 600 TT of which 100 to 200 in A320 or 737. Is it most likely an actual airplane time or just a sim time???

thanks

Captain Shampoo
20th Nov 2009, 12:35
Hey guys !

According to Wizz's web site, A320 TR are carried out at Airbus Training Centre, Toulouse.

But who is in charge of Wizz's selection process ?
Is it still CAE ?

If not, does someone know where the selection takes place and its content ?

unimuts
27th Nov 2009, 08:46
Anyone have the number for HR department please ???

Uni

:ok:

whiskey_on_board
10th Mar 2010, 10:58
Hi guys,

I have been watching this tread for a long time now and it seems like it has died...:(
Has anyone got any fresh news on Wizz recruitment?

Fly safe!

ToMss
11th Mar 2010, 05:43
Hi !

Following my last info :
- priority given to TR pilots
- non TR priority is given to local pilots
- light recrutment team, so no news = bad news :suspect:

Good luck :)

Wannabe24
11th Mar 2010, 16:46
Heard of lots of low hours TR pilots getting in. Have applied myself 3 times in the last 12 months. Don't even get a response.

ToMss
12th Mar 2010, 05:19
Any TR Wannabe24 ?

FI 21
14th Mar 2010, 17:47
Ey mate, me also, 2300 Total Time , 1000 in A320, i ve been applying for two years as well and heard NOTHING :ugh: so...less than 3000 hours for WizzAir is the same ****...

Avenger
14th Mar 2010, 17:59
:ok:Curious, some agencies are advertising for A320 Captains at bases where Wizz operate..maybe it's coincidence

Wizzaird
14th Mar 2010, 19:46
Ok.. Listen up to all Wizzair Wannabees!

If you are a local (ie Eastern European) apply online direct to Wizz and fill in the on line Pilot Data sheet (accurately or your application will be rejected...automatically!)

Expats can apply directly but probably have more chance applying through an agency ie Storm or Confair. In both cases try to get someone you know in Wizz to get you on the recommended list (and no, I cannot put you on the list)

If you are applying you will need a JAR licence. If expat and no A320 TR you will be waiting a long time( = probably forever :ugh:). If you are looking at direct entry CPT you will need at least 1500 PIC Med Turbojet.

Recruiting is still taking place albeit a steady pace. General format for recruitment is a. Telephone interview (20 mins), b.Interview board (BUD or LGW), c. Sim assessment (BUD or LGW)

Good luck to all applying! :ok:

steflamb33
18th Mar 2010, 02:02
hello,
I am convocated in april to take the WiZZ AIR interviews and I would like to know what I have to prepare to pass it?
thanks
stéphan

steflamb33
18th Mar 2010, 02:08
do you have any news for the WIZZ air interview?
I am convocated in april....
So I would like to know what I have to prepare...to pass the interview...
thanks
stéphan

linza
18th Mar 2010, 08:47
Congratulations Steflamb33!!!!!
They are good news that Wizz is still recruiting in these times!!!!

Only two questions, please ..... Are you TR or not??? Is it for CAP or F/O?

I ask you because I passed the telephone interwiew 2 months ago and I'm still waiting for an interview date in BUD!!!!

I wish you have all the luck in the world for achieving this position.

Good flights!!!!!

Linza

:ok::ok::ok:

lpokijuhyt
18th Mar 2010, 09:16
On the application, just say you have thousands of hours in the A320 and you will then get a call.

steflamb33
18th Mar 2010, 09:38
thanks for your message Linza.
I am a former pilot from the french air force.
I am JAA ATPL with a type rating A320. but no hours on type except the base training.
But I have a solid jet experience so I hope it will work.
do you have any information about the selection process?
and what I have to prepare for the interview?
wish you all the best too.
Stéphan

(email: [email protected])

Wizzaird
18th Mar 2010, 11:27
"On the application, just say you have thousands of hours in the A320 and you will then get a call."

And if you reach the interview board and they check your logbook, which they will, you will be shown the door! :{

Regarding preparation:

Telephone interview: Expect usual interview questions about yourself/motivation etc. Tech ques depending on your background but including some EU Ops, Ady, Perf and type specific tech questions.

Interview Board: 2 Parts: HR and Tech

HR Standard questions, be motivated!

Tech ; As above but probably concentrating on any weak areas shown in phone interview.

Sim Check ; 30-45 mins LOFT type scenario for TR guys, good CRM etc. Non TR basic flying skills ie Raw data ILS inc OEI.

Enjoy

DA42_Pilot
21st Mar 2010, 16:13
Hi,

Like some people here said, the reason they're not taking (low hour) pilots from Western Europe is because they want local Eastern European pilots. (Polish, Romanians, Bulgarians, Hungarians).

Everyone knows that all the western pilots (British, Irish, German, etc) will get the hell out of there once they have enough hours to apply and work at BA, LH, etc...) It's as simple as that. Wizz does not pay that great and I'm sure everyone will leave if they have a chance to work at a legacy airline... Nobody wants to be a "pilot farm" for other airlines... certainly not Wizz...

Speaking the language also helps...

Many of you will go anywhere just to fly, but have any of you lived in Eastern Europe? I have and make sure you really know what you're getting into. No, it's not hell, but it certainly not up to "EU standards" just yet.

Just my two cents...but then again, what do I know? I live in Canada. I just happen to live 12 years of my life in Eastern Europe...

(How do I know this? I have a family member who works at Wizzair)

White_Eagle
21st Mar 2010, 18:55
Yes possible, but even with local (Polish) low hour pilots they do not go ahead in contacting..:bored: despite aaall the orders for the A320s. :rolleyes:

Applied 4 months ago.

Cheers

OldNewcomer
24th Mar 2010, 15:56
Hello everybody,

I applied at Wizzair three weeks ago and got a phone interview last week (means 2 weeks after applying). As stated above they asked me about my motivation to apply, my background knowledge about wizz, which base I would prefer and if could imagine to be based in the Rumanian province, Cluj for example. Any technical or operational questions were not asked.
The duration of the interview was approximately 10-15 minutes. One day later I received an invitation for a further assessment and screening.
My total flight time counts 2500 hrs total, thereof 1100 on A320, so I think even interested candidates with less than 3000 hrs should give an application a try.

Tamagotchipilot
25th Mar 2010, 21:58
Hi, I have 2500tt on A320 and didnt get any answer yet...regards

smiling monkey
29th Mar 2010, 13:35
Wizz Air is definitely hiring. A mate of mine with just over 1300 hours TT and no A320 TR just got hired. The biggest aircraft he's ever flown is a Seneca! LOL! He's currently in Toulouse now as we speak doing the TR course. Good luck to all applying! :ok:

whiskey_on_board
29th Mar 2010, 15:03
smilimg monkey-
Is your friend local pilot? Meaning from Easter Europe?

Cheers, :ok:

smiling monkey
30th Mar 2010, 01:58
smilimg monkey-
Is your friend local pilot? Meaning from Easter Europe?

Yes, he's from one of the countries mentioned below.

Cheers! :ok:

Like some people here said, the reason they're not taking (low hour) pilots from Western Europe is because they want local Eastern European pilots. (Polish, Romanians, Bulgarians, Hungarians).

D.V
2nd Apr 2010, 16:04
Anyone else that have been called for interview ??

More News about Wizz appreciated :ok:

Manilo72
14th Apr 2010, 10:07
I am sorry for the off topic,but I need help.
I am trying to edit my application on Wizzair website but every time I want to change something or Add Resume & Attachments this message appears "Read timed out "in the next page. :ugh:

Any help is appreciated.:ok:

Cheers

I-AINC
14th Apr 2010, 10:10
No answers from Wizz Air about my application (done by their website application page).

Standing by...

Manilo72
14th Apr 2010, 10:19
I am sorry for the off topic,but I need help.
I am trying to edit my application on Wizzair website but every time I want to change something or Add Resume & Attachments this message appears "Read timed out "in the next page. :ugh:

Any help is appreciated.http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

Cheers

stratocus
5th May 2010, 15:53
HI Everyones

I've been called by wizzair to take selection.
I have 600 hrs on Airbus.

Good luck.

mrmach
6th May 2010, 10:01
Congratulations.:ok:
Sorry for my indiscretion...Do you speak Polish?:rolleyes:

stratocus
6th May 2010, 11:46
some words

daelo
14th May 2010, 07:31
Hi,

anyone who has been invited for the selection in May?
Any news/rumors regarding needs for FO this year?

21-Lancer
23rd Nov 2010, 21:11
http://wizzair.com/career/pilots/Default.asp?slid=clear&language=EN (http://wizzair.com/career/pilots/Default.asp?slid=clear&language=EN)

"pilots

Dear Applicant
Thank you for your interest in Wizzair. [...] please keep an eye on this page and complete the new application form when available."

It seems like the online recruitment process is not working. This page is unchanged for more than 3 weeks. Anyone knows another way to apply for a position in wizzair?

Another question: as I remember, in the old online application procedure, even if the attachments section showed 4 upload fields, one of them being dedicated to “Resume”, they clearly stated that only the “pilot datasheet” is accepted as attachment and any application received which does not have the correct attachment won’t be considered. Anyone with experience in the right Wizzair application procedure?

Gafanhoto
27th Nov 2010, 22:25
The more i search for a job, the more confused i get about the selection criteria in the airlines....

I saw here people with 600hts on type applying and getting no answer, and i have a friend with more or less 350 TT with just a flight instructor course who applyed for a non type rated F/O position and went for the selection process, it was in the beggining of 2010...

It's non sense... I start to think that they just open the Data base and play some games to choose a random guy from the pool...... :bored:

dan1165
27th Nov 2010, 22:47
No logic in pilot recruitment ...:bored:

Wizzaird
29th Nov 2010, 16:14
Online application will be up and running again very soon.

jamesharlow
29th Nov 2010, 17:17
Anyone know when the online application will be up and running? Any insider news?

turbine100
3rd Dec 2010, 17:11
Looks like the website has been updated and it mentions factoring hours, depending on experience and if you are non type rated, self funded or being sponsored.

The requirements detail factoring hours for the self sponsored non type rated pilot. If its a factor of 0.3, looks like you will need a lot of hours.

However the Wizz funded cadet does not mentioned factored hours.

I fly commercially at present on a piston plane, even though I have a bit of experience and have things like CRM being AOC. I don't think I meet the self funded type rating requirement as its uses 0.3 as the factor and wants a very high number. Would have like to had a go and applying for the self funded route :(

Good luck everyone :)

stansdead
3rd Dec 2010, 17:45
Gafanhoto,

"The more i search for a job, the more confused i get about the selection criteria in the airlines...."

It's always been a lottery. Honestly.

I saw here people with 600hts on type applying and getting no answer, and i have a friend with more or less 350 TT with just a flight instructor course who applyed for a non type rated F/O position and went for the selection process, it was in the beggining of 2010...

That was a year ago. Things have changed significantly in the last 12 months.

It's non sense... I start to think that they just open the Data base and play some games to choose a random guy from the pool......

Yes, that's what they do. But only for a laugh to p?ss people off. It has nothing to do with managing the volume of applications and ensuring that standards are set correctly. No, nothing with that at all. It's just a bit of a laugh to the recruiters. I mean, it's not like we ARE actively interviewing, hiring and promoting people every month either. Clearly, because you have not had a phone call YET it means Wizzair don't have a clue. Shame on them. Where did it all go so wrong in the recruitment department?

:uhoh: :ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh: :mad:

Uncle Wiggily
3rd Dec 2010, 18:23
They are simply testing the waters. Nothing more. They are trying to gauge the trend in experienced vs. inexperienced pilots on the market. This is NOT an application it is a survey disguised as an application.

Seriously though, this is a real scumbag airline. What they pay their pilot staff is a direct indication of what they think of you....which is lower than whale ****.

21-Lancer
3rd Dec 2010, 21:40
You're right Turbine, the Wizz Air (http://wizzair.com/career/pilots/Default.asp?slid=clear&language=EN) states 0.3 as the factor for "Non-airline" aircraft group but if you check the WizzAir_pilot_starting_data_sheet.doc downloadable from Wizz Air - Career Opportunities (http://tbe.taleo.net/NA6/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=WIZZAIR&cws=1&rid=144) you'll find some different values for that specific aircraft category experience, respectively 0.7 for PIC experience and 0.5 for "other".

turbine100
4th Dec 2010, 11:49
Thanks, I found it on the application form.

Also saw when re-reading the website for self sponsored type ratings you need 1000 factored hours and 200 multi, where as under sponsored cadet its not mentioning this.

I suspect not all will meet the 200 multi requirement for self sponsored and surely it will change.

punk666
4th Dec 2010, 12:27
I personally dont understand the factored hour thing....What if you have a lot of GA flying but low houred when it comes to the airline experience...

CliveFI
6th Dec 2010, 11:56
Hi, last wednesday (01/12/2010) I got a phone call from a gentleman from Wizzair, he asked me a few question about my career and flight hours and about Wizzair.
Anyone else here got a phone call or email?

Cheers!!

don_salvatore87
7th Dec 2010, 19:17
Hi!
I have one question regarding the application process:

If you are interested in joining the dynamic team of Wizz Air, please fill out our application form, and attach our pilot datasheet. Please be advised, that we accept only the pilot datasheet as attachment!

Any application received which does not have the correct attachment will not be considered.

Does this mean that you only are allowed to attach the datasheet and nothing else e.g license copies, cv's etc OR does it mean that the only acceptable way to send the datasheet is by attaching it to the application?

Thankful for help.

stansdead
8th Dec 2010, 11:33
I think you attach ONLY the data sheet to the application.

Why do they want to look at your licence? Or your picture? Or anything else for that matter?

The data sheet gives the recruitment team the information they need.

manta02
15th Dec 2010, 11:40
Somebody knows something about the interview process? how they do what usually they ask? any suggestion will be appreciate..:ok:

punk666
22nd Dec 2010, 09:28
I just got an email from
Wizz stating the following:

Dear Applicant

If you are having difficulty in updating your online application please perform the following steps

1. a) Access you application through the Wizzair Website

http://book.wizzair.com/career/pilots/?page=4 (http://book.wizzair.com/career/pilots/?page=4)

1. b) or use this APPLICATION FORM link

http://tbe.taleo.net/NA6/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=WIZZAIR&cws=1&rid=144 (http://tbe.taleo.net/NA6/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=WIZZAIR&cws=1&rid=144)

Under Previous Applicants:

2. Type in your email address
3. Type in your password

4. Click on "Add to my Jobs"

5. Click on "Edit Application" on the top of the page

6. Comply with the instructions and carefully complete the required fields, ensure that you have factorised your hours correctly before selecting the apppropriate Pilot Experience and ensure that the Pilot Datasheet is attached. Our policy is to permanently exclude any applicant who overstates or understates his experience by selecting the incorrect Pilot experience.

I applied to wizz in the first week of December so im guessing alot of people are having trouble working out which category they are in.

I find the factoring hours thing a bit of a joke to be honest it just degrades you even more. Im currently a first officer at a different company but I fall under the cadet category when appling for Wizz.
1000 factored hours is about 1300 total time at 0.8, im not sure if wizz are doing this as a buffer.

Can someone please explain the reason why? Or is it obvious but im still a little wet behind the ears!

21-Lancer
3rd Jan 2011, 10:16
Hi everyone!

And all the best wishes for 2011. :ok:

In other train of ideas, I'd like to find out if someone in "Non TR Cpts., Senior FOs and FOs (Wizz Air Sponsored)" was called and / or invited to interview. Considering the specification regarding the end of December 2010, we might conclude that this was all about the great Wizz hiring session... So be it?! :confused:

Biggles77
3rd Jan 2011, 14:15
My wizzair status were change today to "Available".
Someone else with that status???

21-Lancer
3rd Jan 2011, 14:26
And your previous status was?

My status is "Apprroved for Review" and it's unchanged since I filled up the new online application form - about 2 weeks ago, when I received that email quoted here by punk666.

Biggles77
3rd Jan 2011, 16:21
my previous status was " on file"

21-Lancer
3rd Jan 2011, 17:10
:confused:
So... they changed your status without any communication, reason and so on?
Strange...

Biggles77
3rd Jan 2011, 17:53
yes they did.... I dont know why.... i hope they will contact me :-)

punk666
4th Jan 2011, 08:49
my status hasnt changed :ugh:

Currently at Submitted For Requisition

Biggles77
4th Jan 2011, 12:35
What is your exp. Punk666???

punk666
5th Jan 2011, 09:02
At present 400h on B737 and 800TT.....

z-e-d
7th Jan 2011, 17:53
Hi Everyone,

What kind of IFR and Aerodinamics questions will be asked on the phone interview?

thx

lakunas
9th Jan 2011, 07:07
Hi gays. Any info on interview process?

RGDS

Rui Dias
9th Jan 2011, 08:34
Gays???? LOL

lakunas
9th Jan 2011, 12:15
guys? Better

Ronand
9th Jan 2011, 15:08
hey punk666, why on earth are you applying for a self funded 320 rating with wizz, you just paid big bucks for a 73 rating and linetraining.
Allready sick of living on the planet of the apes (indonesia)? LOL

UltimateWarrior
9th Jan 2011, 19:47
Hi z-e-d!

On the phone interview you should expect some question about yourself and your flying experience (mostly multi engine hours) and HR questions for example:
What can you bring to this company?
How did you get started in Aviation?
What goal's do you have?
What is your greatest accomplishment?
What makes a great pilot?

Regards,
UW

21-Lancer
10th Jan 2011, 07:42
@ lakunas:
check this out:
http://www.aviationjobsearch.com/jobs/pilots/lithuania/airbus_320_captains_and_first_officers-77929.html (http://www.aviationjobsearch.com/jobs/pilots/lithuania/airbus_320_captains_and_first_officers-77929.html)

FliegerTiger
10th Jan 2011, 10:57
I find the factoring hours thing a bit of a joke to be honest it just degrades you even more. Im currently a first officer at a different company but I fall under the cadet category when appling for Wizz.
1000 factored hours is about 1300 total time at 0.8, im not sure if wizz are doing this as a buffer.

This is due to the different SOP's at different companies. Someone with 1000 hours at Wizz will be more fluent in their operation than someone with 1000 from airline "B". Same applies at EZY.

manta02
11th Jan 2011, 11:48
What is this day?? They make an interview to everybody present in that day without any invitation or just to show up Wizz's future plans??

According with Wizz's website , the company does not directly administrate applications from type rated crew and that you are requested to contact the Agency of your choice from the approved agencies listed below. The agencies are independent of Wizz Air and as such Wizz Air does not accept any responsibility for the conduct of the agency in processing your application.

So is there anybody knows who is the right way??

I have type and 3 years of experience on Airbus and I applied through some agency but still waiting their call;

Is there anybody in the same my situation??

shortfinal12
11th Jan 2011, 21:20
Does anybody have any info about what the exact process will be here?

Is it an opportunity to meet the Wizz recruitment team and their plans for Vilnius base and try to arrange an interview for a future date? Or will they be conducting interviews at the hotel already on this day?

Also, am I right in saying that in this case there appears to be no minimum hours required for these invitations to Vilnuis open day? Or is there still the hours/factorising required that they set recently with their agencies, will this still apply for the open day in Vilnuis?

Thanks for your help

sf12

21-Lancer
12th Jan 2011, 13:02
Sounds confusing - like most company's releases - but below quoted webpage []Wizz Air (http://wizzair.com/career/pilots/Default.asp?slid=clear&language=EN) specifies that:

"We are seeking for colleagues to join our VILNIUS BASE as
A320 Captains and First Officers

Date: January 21st 2011 from 8.00 am
Address: Hotel Novotel Vilnius, Gedimino av. 16, VILNIUS 01103, LITHUANIA

Please be advised that in situation that a high number of participants will join us on the day, the pilots with local residency (type-rated or non rated) will be given the priority in the selection process.

See you there!
Participants are asked to arrive sharp at the times indicated!"

Daniel777
12th Jan 2011, 13:41
I have also seen this information 3 days ago on their website.

Any idea what to expect on this day? I guess in order to be hired you also need to attend a sim assessment and a technical interview...

21-Lancer
12th Jan 2011, 13:46
I have no idea. I'm too far from Vilnius to attend this venture.
Or not? ?!

stratocus
12th Jan 2011, 13:46
I passed the selection with success in may 2010, still waiting to be employed by Wizzair...
And now i see a new recruitment!

Anyone in the same situation?

21-Lancer
12th Jan 2011, 13:49
stratocus
Hiring...
I passed the selection with success in may 2010, still waiting to be employed by Wizzair...
And now i see a new recruitment!

Anyone in the same situation?

Did you applied as type rated or not?

stratocus
12th Jan 2011, 13:51
Type rated

21-Lancer
12th Jan 2011, 13:57
@stratocus

You should call and refresh their memory. It seems like the Wizz Recruitment Team forgot about you...

It's strange... :hmm:

stratocus
12th Jan 2011, 13:58
Already done, but no change...
Secretary in charge of recruitment has changed...
Since May trying to get in touch with them but no news...

shortfinal12
14th Jan 2011, 09:18
Pilot Open Day Recruitment - Vilnius, Lithuania- 21.01.11
Does anybody have any info about what the exact process will be here?

Is it an opportunity to meet the Wizzair recruitment team and their plans for Vilnius base and try to arrange an interview for a future date? Or will they be conducting interviews at the hotel already on this same day?

Also, am I right in saying that in this case there appears to be no minimum hours required for these invitations to Vilnius open day? Or is there still the hours/factorizing required that they set recently with their agencies, will this still apply for the open day in Vilnius?

Thanks for your help

sf12

french frog
14th Jan 2011, 13:43
Hello,

About this open day, I saw on the WizzAir website they are looking for A320 captains and first offier for their Vilnius base. Moreover, according the same website, they mentionned factorised hours for these positions.

Good luck,
Mehdi

go around flaps15
14th Jan 2011, 17:06
There is a 6 page thread on Wizz Air in this section. Scroll down a bit.

(Thanks for that - just merged it!)
HWB

dcoded
20th Jan 2011, 11:55
So, anyone in for tomorrow??

I am. I am expecting the worst. 100+ people at least, what do u think?

I will just be glad if i'm even selected to the assessment, since I am on low hours.. without rating

21-Lancer
21st Jan 2011, 05:53
~22 hours driving from Romania to Lithuania and now writting from inside... I feel like zoombie.
Keep in touch!

lakunas
21st Jan 2011, 13:19
How did it go Lancer? Which group were you selected to go for an interview?
I was there too.

21-Lancer
23rd Jan 2011, 08:16
OK guys... You have below all details I remember.

There were about 50¸60 candidates, most of them Lithuanians – which was good for Wizz, as long as the official stated goal was the dedicated recruitment for the future Vilnius Base.
After initial Pilot Starting Data Sheets sorting [the same as the one published online on Wizz application webpage], there were 5 candidates groups defined – each group containing 3¸5 members and being formed according to company’s priorities [nationals first, than foreign pilots – profiles suited for company’s pilot pool].

The interview process included two sections – technical and HR; I found them both interesting and challenging – but this is, of course, my strictly personal perceiving, and it could be very subjective as long this is the 1st airline selection process I ever attended.

Considering the high number of nationals attending this meeting, the company's immediate needs were probably satisfied.

Daniel777
23rd Jan 2011, 11:53
Hi,

In my opinion it wasn't a well organized event.
About 2/3rd of the candidates were not given a chance for an interview thus spent alot of money on travelling to Vilnius and also accomodation.
Already at around 9:30 in the morning we (2/3rd of applicants) were told that we will not be given a chance for an interview so many of us overwrote our ticket and flew back home.

Just as a fact, I am from the country of Wizzar's main headquarters.
If I am correct I was the only one present with Hungarian nationality and I wasn't even given a chance to introduce myself to fly the H-registered aircraft...

I am totally fine with having pilots from all over the world but I was a bit surprised.

All in all they told us in advance that local pilots will have priority but in my opinion they should have done a pre-application in order to avoid many people travelling over to Vilnius for no reason.

Regards

mmbogdan
24th Jan 2011, 21:56
I would have spent a lot of money with probably no chance to talk to anyone in the company. Daniel777, Lancer and anyone who attended: any inside news, rumors, anything you did not know before you attended this day?

21-Lancer
25th Jan 2011, 10:42
@mmbogdan

Nothing new.

alkor
25th Jan 2011, 13:38
hi,

anyone heard there will be a new base opening in Belgrade?

Cheers,
A

Pampalini
28th Jan 2011, 13:13
Hi Guys,

I have been invited for an interview after the phone conversation.
What kind of question can I expect on the interview? I'm not type rated.
I read over the forum but I didn't find too many things about it.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thx

21-Lancer
2nd Feb 2011, 21:24
@ Pampalini
Check this out: http://www.pprune.org/5578790-post55.html (http://www.pprune.org/5578790-post55.html).

Bluehigh
5th Feb 2011, 11:32
Does anyone know which Aerodrome is used at the sim check for the take off and Ils approach?

lakunas
7th Feb 2011, 08:48
Bluehigh.: BUD

Rest.: there was on their site that during an open day there will be preference given for local pilots. And locals were about 30 people with range 1500 TT-16000 TT . Captains were in the range between 2500-6000 on jet aircraft and F/O's 2000TT as PIC on turboprops and some jet time. So of course preference was given to them. Like the guy from Wizz said, that the rest were cadet type pilots.

What did you expect?..

Bluehigh
8th Feb 2011, 08:54
thx lakunas,
that is for the non rated that do the sim in Bud
but how about the rated that have to do the sim in Gatwick?
anyone know?

JamesB
11th Feb 2011, 19:43
the story is, the amount of company sponsored positions is very limited so you need to apply through one of the three TRTO's Cockpit4u, CAVOK and one other, the name of which escapes me.

I applied through cockpit4u before christmas and was called forward for interview in January. This consists of two interviews, one which is with two pilot guys to talk about your experience to date and to throw in the odd question: why does a jet have swept wings, talk about the differences between a jet engine and turbine (as I recently came off a turbo). Then they ask you to decode a METAR and decide whether or not you can land.

Having passed the technical you then get passed upstairs to have an HR interview. This consists of describe yourself in 3 mins, name one positive and one negative of your present company, have you had to deal with conflict and how, name three good personality traits in a person and three negative.

Then you wait 2 weeks for an email confirmation.

Labomba
11th Feb 2011, 20:16
Gentlemen,

1.I was told Bucharest was not the preferred base. They might propose me that one as I might join the company very soon. Any comment cc this? (Poland and Romania on offer right now....).
2. Also, cc Bucharest, I was also told they might not pay you a housing allowance anymore, but instead give you an apartment in Bucharest.How was it until now? What kind of housing is that? Ok to stay with a family?

Thank you,

gumpy972
14th Feb 2011, 14:47
Hi

I have an assessment date coming and I m having difficulties to get answers to organize my travel or to reschedule the assessment as non one seems to answer to my mails from HR.

Would any of you gentlemen have a workable phone number or maybe an other email adress more efficient?

Please PM on that matter if you wish.

All the best:ok:

gumpy972
15th Feb 2011, 21:35
Also it is said that uou have a sim test at Malev during the assessment ,could someone elaborate on what to expect as Non TR ,and what kind of sim is it (37-200;37-300 or NG)?

21-Lancer
15th Feb 2011, 21:46
gumpy972

B-737 NG [B737NG Simulator - Malév Hungarian Airlines (http://www.malev.com/companyinformation/simulator)]

Items Evaluated: SID [no AP, w & w/o FD], general handling, holding entrance, ILS Approach [RAW Data] and the most important, CRM.

Good luck!

Labomba
1st Mar 2011, 15:01
It seems the guys @ Wizz fly so much they have no time 2 read this :{

"1.I was told Bucharest was not the preferred base. They might propose me that one as I might join the company very soon. Any comment cc this? (Poland and Romania plus Vilnius on offer right now....)."

Anyone ?

FlyingSerb
1st Mar 2011, 18:51
Hey guys,

My status at the application is "approved for review" now for two months already, no change, no call.

I have a Serbian passport and 320 rating no hours though..

Does anyone know how long it takes before they call?

Thanks!

Daniel777
1st Mar 2011, 20:09
My status is the same for over 3 months now.

I know that they are dealing with quite a lot of A320 experienced guys and not really calling cadet level applicants for an interview (pilots with 200-300 hours TT).
Situation was different a few years back...:bored:

I know quite a few guys with A320TR who haven't been called and applied around November.

buzzlight
3rd Mar 2011, 03:31
Has anyone attending interview the 7th of Feb, 2011 heard anything from Wizz? Been 3 weeks now and no email if you were successful or not.

21-Lancer
3rd Mar 2011, 05:41
Anyone invited for the A320 T/R Course in TLS, starting on April 4th?

Labomba
4th Mar 2011, 02:19
Hi Buzz, Hi Lancer.

If not wrong, I was there on Feb 7th. But as self sponsored DEC. Got a thumb up after +- 2 weeks.

Lancer: starting my TR in March.

It seems to me they hire a lot of self sponsored guys, as they probably make money on the training.And don't blame the guys, in some countries, it is the welfare ('employment office') who pays for the TR, if the guys loose they job and are jobless.... Good business for the schools n the airlines....

Blohm
4th Mar 2011, 04:46
Hello Labomba,

how much is it now for selfsponsored TR at Wizz Air? Is it all up front in cash, or some bond involved? All the best.:ok:

Labomba
4th Mar 2011, 11:06
Hi Blom,

Many seats now for selfsponsored, as I understand. And that is with upfront cash. But still some spots for non-self sponsored, bounded, as advertised on their website (from what I saw at the interview, mostly F/Os, local pilots).
TR is 15,000 €, not too bad. BUT, right now, Wizzair still needs you to do base training (touch&go's), at +- 6500€ :{ (to be paid by self sponsored only). Wizz says they "may" have the zero flight time approved in a few months from now...
Happy ldgs!

Blohm
4th Mar 2011, 11:44
Hola Labomba,

thank you very much for your info. Very helpful. I will send a PM.

Thx.

chimichanga
4th Mar 2011, 12:18
Hi, I noticed the Wizz website says to read the requirements very carefully.

Question: The website says Wizz requires EU Nationals. What is the difference between an EU National and an EU Citizen?

I have around 4000 hours, JAR and FAA ATPL. 3000 hours multi-jet. I have lived the last 5 years in the EU, married to EU person and have EU children. I have a perm. resident permit in an EU country, but my passport is American.

I would hate to spend the time filling out an application because the correct box can't be checked or worse, spend any amount of money then be told on the last day that I cannot be accepted because my passport is American even though I am an EU permanent resident.

I have contacted all the TRTOs and they have no clue. I would contact Wizz directly but they have seemed to omitted any and all relevant contact telephone numbers. I tried to call their .50 cents a minute line and the lady asked me where my luggage was lost?? WTF?

Jerry Lee
4th Mar 2011, 12:38
EU National or EU citizenship is the same.
Where do you live? Try to find out how many years you need to get a EU citizenhip in your country home. For example, in Italy 10 years are required to obtain an italian citizenhip, in Germany just 8 years are required.
But you said you are married with a EU national. I think you shouldn't have no problem to obtain a EU Citizenhip. Contact the ambassy.

chimichanga
4th Mar 2011, 13:48
Yes, I contacted the embassy of the USA and where I live in the EU. They said that I am an EU permanent resident with all the same rights and privlidges of an EU citizen. But if I want an EU passport then I must go before the US Embassy and formally renounce my citizenship?!?!?

I tried to contact the Head of Training at CAVOK and he simply sent me back a form letter telling me to fill out the application and send my money. LOL!

Can't get an answer from anybody.

chimichanga
4th Mar 2011, 13:53
In addition, what is the purpose of companies like CAVOK and the rest of them. They are simply middlemen who go and reserve training sim times from the real actual companies that own and operate the simulators. Is it just me or is there something seriously flawed with the system today?

Labomba
5th Mar 2011, 06:00
Hi Chim,

I hope you'll be able to solve that very stupid issue ! Not in the company yet, can't give u any nbr... But I don't see on what ground they would refuse you if you are resident, with work permit and licence.... I believe it should be the agent responsability to check that for you, and once you have your first phone interview and they decide to send you for to Budapest, that should mean you're clear. And no need to pay before!
And yes, there is smtg flaw in the system. For sure !
But the 3 agencies we need to work with are not only for assessment and training. They are, like other agencies, your employer. Fees to be paid monthly, as any contract pilot...
Outsourcing they call it.....
Cheers,
LB

Niceflight
24th Mar 2011, 10:50
Here we are! I have just received an email from Wizzair which states that recruitments are now closed for 2011:*. We need to wait for the next season 2012 if we want to have a chance to join the company. The online application system is about to be closed again until the end of year as usual!:ugh:

FlyingSerb
24th Mar 2011, 11:10
Got the same email as you. Seems another general email.
Let's hope for a miracle this year in obtaining a job

21-Lancer
24th Mar 2011, 12:03
Hey guys, you can check this out: http://votre-espace.airfrance.com/Web/Doss.aspx?NoDossier=68&NoLangue=1 (http://votre-espace.airfrance.com/Web/Doss.aspx?NoDossier=68&NoLangue=1). Who knows?!
I just got it into a recent email.

Daniel777
25th Mar 2011, 16:02
Great news:) Same e-mail for me.

A group of us in Hungary were told we have a great chance to join this year if we do our MCC or TR with a certain organization.
Well, none of us got a job with Wizz...at least until now.
A few friends did TR this winter(with a Wizzair partner company) for 20.000 Euros and they recieved a NO at the assessment, many weren't even called.

Nice one...:}

Niceflight
25th Mar 2011, 16:17
I know some guys who have done the TR with one of the 3 Wizzair partner TRTO and they never been called by Wizzair for an assessment :D!! They spent a lot of money, more than 30k€ for A320 :confused:!! So be careful because TRTO are only interested by your money. It's very easy for them... They promise you a lot of things but you will never receive a contract with a company, before starting your type rating. They tell you that you will received a contract after the completion of Type Rating but it's a LIE!!!! :=

Daniel777
25th Mar 2011, 16:23
I agree...Thank God I didn't spend on the TR.
I had the feeling that we will not be called:)

SloppyJoe
25th Mar 2011, 17:17
Chimichanga,

Check your info as I fly with many guys who are dual US and EU passport holders.

If you ever get a job with a descent company that pays what a pilot flying a jet should get paid it may not be such a bad idea renouncing your US passport, would save on your tax bill.

BD101
6th Apr 2011, 06:37
Does anyone know how many f/o's wizz took this year?? This is a bit of a disapointment that recruiting is now closed for the year. I applied to all 3 (storm, cavok, and etops) all of them responded that I need 200 hours on type. Then a little while later the 750TT was advertised so I emailed them back again saying that I meet the requirements. I have 1400TT (1000Multi Turbine). Then a new excuse surfaced saying that since I am a Hungarian national to apply directly to wizz. The only way to directly apply is through the cadet option on the bottom of the page. I have tried everything since december when the hiring was first advertised. I am really frustrated by all of this. These recruiters seem like a big joke and lie in every email they send!!:* Please somebody help:ugh::ugh:

I am sure there are many frustrated people out there as well

stratocus
7th Apr 2011, 07:31
BD101, the fact that rules change does not mean that recruiters lies!
Be sure they don't lie, they need people to be recruited to earn money, so they just forward you the rules they are required to apply by wizzair...
If you are Hungarian go to the Wizzair Building!

JamesBon
7th Apr 2011, 16:49
So,
some of you are saying that you have spent a lot of money without talking to Wizzair previously...? :confused:

I can´t believe it :eek:

You should have talked to Wizzair before doing the course and before paying obviously. Are you pilots or what...? :*

Anyway, they can say that your skills and profile do not match into their requirements... :cool:

Have you got your Licence with your TR A320? :confused:

BD101
10th Apr 2011, 20:26
strato:

It says on their website that they are done hiring! I have done everything shy of showing up on their doorstep! I live in Canada so it's a little bit far to just show up and its a 800dollar "sorry no thank you"...:bored:

stratocus
11th Apr 2011, 11:27
So, Good luck in Canada!

BD101
12th Apr 2011, 18:12
strato: what is it that you do?

lakunas
27th May 2011, 07:18
Yeas they do respect 6/4 roster.

imaximov
3rd Aug 2011, 09:55
Wizzair are reqruiting for almost a month now.

I personally got rejected only after the initial application, which was a surprise for me!

CY333
4th Aug 2011, 06:50
You will need to have

· Unrestricted right to live and work in the European Union (and/or) Republic of Serbia (and/or) Republic of Ukraine
· Current and Valid JAR FCL-1 (or Ukrainian National equivalent) Airline Transport Pilot's Licence, OR,
Commercial Pilot's Licence with:
· Single Pilot Multi Engine/Instrument Rating endorsement (SPA-IR/ME), and
· a completed Multi Crew Cooperation certificate, and
· a Jet Familiarisation or Jet Orientation completion certificate, and
· good passes in all 14 ATPL theoretical subjects.
· Current and Valid JAR FCL-3 (or Ukrainian equivalent) Class One Flight Crew Medical Certificate
· ICAO English Language Proficiency Level IV or greater
· A minimum total flight time(1) of 1,500 hours of which:
· 300 hours JAR25 category Turbojet, OR,
· 500 hours JAR25 category Turboprop, OR,
· 1,000 hours Multi Engine Piston

I see that they have slide in in the JOC course also........

SW1
5th Aug 2011, 14:16
How long does it take for Wizz Air to get back to you? (update of status on website)

Filled out the application for CadetPilot A320 yesterday. Low houred with A320 type rating and some time on type.

Thanks.

Robert Foster
5th Aug 2011, 14:32
I've heard that Oasis Flight in Oxford are looking for a King Air Pilot(s)

captainsuperstorm
5th Aug 2011, 20:02
this is for Wizzair, why do you come for oasis? what do you have to jump here, and talk about another company.

oasis is a drink with orange.

go away!

Wizzair receive so many email, get real, why should they call you?come with plenty of money...maybe try?:ugh: they ALL want money!

here more about wizzair:
‪JERRY MAGUIRE (Tom Cruise) - SHOW ME THE MONEY (clean edit)‬‏ - YouTube

imaximov
6th Aug 2011, 07:59
I wonder where your information is comming from. Friends of mine filled the Cadet application, and in 2-3 days got invited for the web-based test. They actually did it and were not very happy with their performance...

I personally got a rejection email, which was surprising as I have the exact same qualification as my friends... I guess they didn't like my way of writing essays.

So if they are not reqruiting, than what is actually going on?

captainsuperstorm
6th Aug 2011, 09:30
So if they are not reqruiting, than what is actually going on?

p2f p2f my dear friend.

they all do p2f, p2f is the futur, they have to lower costs, and to be competitive.

when all airlines across europe will be p2f, national airlines will soon offer same course: PAAAAY TOOOO FLYYYYY!!!!!

Rule1: you pay you fly, you don't pay you don't fly

this profession is on its knee.just pull the trigger.:ugh:

imaximov
6th Aug 2011, 18:07
Actually since 11th last month. They made ammendments to the text twice since then, las time on the 3d.

captainsuperstorm
8th Aug 2011, 07:45
go to hell mpalie,

you piss us off with your advertising.

MOD BAN THIS GUY, EVERY OF HIS POST IS THE SAME !!!!

he is the guy of line training, he lives in florida, and screw people around.

don't contact line training. net, he has set 3-4 companes like this one, ask money and close his business right after. he is a famous crook in USA but as long you send him money with no contract, he is not obliged to refund you.

:mad:Jonas!

rbaiapinto
8th Aug 2011, 16:57
Hey Mpawlie,

I'm gonna quote Natashacabin80:

mpawlive,

I thought you had found one linetraining provider called linetraining.net. Are you in this thread and advertising for them soon. :=

the link for the quote: http://www.pprune.org/interviews-jobs-sponsorship/299674-a320-line-training-5.html#post6626343

I'm sure she wont mind!:ok:

natashacabin80
9th Aug 2011, 18:38
Dear Moderator,
Please don't remove this post because I really don't want my fellow colleges to loose money and be scammed by one of the members here. THE MEMBERS NAME IS Mpawlie

You are back here in this thread advertising again for linetraining.net You are mentioning their name all the time (different threads) so people can google it and contact you.

Very interesting that you only post on threads that are related to line training on the A320 or flying the airbus 320.

What I don't understand is, that you where suppose to have an assessment with linetraining.net on Monday (yesterday).

Tell us what happened during you assessment? :ugh:

SCAAAAMMMMMMMMMM

GBB
10th Aug 2011, 03:07
I was going to hold my self from comments about you but...
Stop ignoring people requests about NOT advertising that :mad: bull$hit everywhere!
Make the separated thread about them if you want to but stop $hiting in all others coz it makes people sick. :yuk:
THIS IS WIZZAIR THREAD! CAPISCI???

Jerry Lee
10th Aug 2011, 09:29
@mpawlie

Effettivamente stai cominciando a rompere un po' con la tua linetraining.net e altre società simili. Sono giorni e giorni che spuntano fuori i tuoi messaggi al riguardo, ed ho già provveduto - da parte mia - a segnalare un tuo messaggio.

To all the others, sorry for it, but I just translated to him what GBB said.

debs
8th Nov 2011, 09:52
Hi,

(NOTE mail is duplicated in terms and endearment Wizz thread)

Wrt Wizz air third and final phase of assessment:

FInally got the call last Thursday, out of the blue, since I was expecting for a date to be arranged. Got me in the middle of boarding my flight!
ANyway, short and concise, a few hhrr questions, a memo item from my type, what is CAt II and what would you do if the Capt collapses...
NOw I have been invited for the final interviews and sim assesment.

1) Any light on the interviews (hhrr and technical.)
What type of qus on th technical?
How nice are the hhrr?
Any group exercises?

2) I thought the sim was a 737, but apparently it is on an A320.
Can anybody confirm?
What kind of session can one expect?

As always, good health and good luck!

gwizzaviatior
15th Nov 2011, 20:09
Hi guys,
Just wondering for those that have done the online psychometric/aptitude tests for wizz air, are you able to recommend any other online tests that I can do to prepare beforehand?

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated. How about cockpitweb?

dragao
22nd Nov 2011, 13:43
Hi Everyone, I am in the middle of the recruitment process. I have completed the online test and am waiting for the promised phone interview. Does anyone know what type of questions they ask, especially the technical ones? Thanks

aloa326
22nd Nov 2011, 13:53
Hi all;

The telephone interview could be memory items in your current aircraft more less and some questions about you.

cheers

bluk
23rd Nov 2011, 14:05
I've just received an information to update my existing application.
I applied for cadet position something about 2 months ago.
Recruitment page (Wizz Air (http://wizzair.com/career/pilots/)) still has open cadet position, but link gets me to Taleo and information that it is closed and no longer available.
Someone has any idea what they want ? :confused:

SAS-A321
23rd Nov 2011, 21:16
How long does it normally take Wizz Air to call low houred type rated FOs? I was told to update my application, which I did 3 weeks ago, but still the status is submitted for requisition.

captain.weird
25th Nov 2011, 18:12
Hi there,

I just went to the website of Wizz Air careers page and their stands the vacancie 'Cadet Pilot A320'. If I click on it gives an error. Does somebody now what kind of job that is? Is it for school leavers, or for people with zero experience to undergo a pilot training and then become an airline pilot for Wizz Air?

CW

bluk
25th Nov 2011, 22:15
captain.weird, this position is for the time being closed.
Wizz wrote me that it will be opened in 2012.
When it was opened they required - ATPL Frozen, MCC, Jet Fam, ICAO 4...
Good luck !

Cloud Buster
6th Dec 2011, 09:59
How about the F/O program (not type rated)? I have done the test successfully a month ago, and received an email that a telephone interview will be scheduled.. So far (3-4 weeks from that email) it has been very quiet.. I updated my information like they asked, but my application still has the status 'Submitted for network wide.. '

Is it all about patience? Or should I send them a small reminder?

Thanks

Turbavykas
12th Feb 2012, 14:18
Hi

Can you advice me what is " a Jet Familiarisation or Jet Orientation completion certificate"? Haven't seen that required anywhere else!

CookPassBabtridge
13th Feb 2012, 11:10
Recently applied for the A320 Cadet position, waiting to hear.

Can anyone advise what the terms of this position are? Wizz mention a "subsidised" TR, but is this the whole cost or a proportion of it? What would a cadet entrant salary be?

SAS-A321
13th Feb 2012, 12:09
Wizzair sent this out in an email on the 5/2:

Given the recent changes within the aviation market place, we have had to realign our recruitment objectives.
Accordingly, cadet pilot applicants for whom we have given an interview invitation, this offer remains valid and you are asked to confirm your attendance.
All other cadet pilot applicants at any other stage in recruitment (application, quiz, telephone etc...) are advised that the hiring has been temporarily put on-hold.

Presently, the recruitment team is screening experienced pilots and those with previous airline experience, and we anticipate to interview a limited number of cadet pilots in 2013.

They have plenty rated pilots in their database.

Jager43
13th Feb 2012, 13:29
To whom did they send this email?

LNAV737
13th Feb 2012, 14:01
Anybody waiting for the online quiz results ?? I've done mine 15 days ago and still no any feedback yet ....:( I hardly doubt that I'll ever get it after Spanair and Malev collapse.... :=

B767PL
13th Feb 2012, 22:06
I applied 2 weeks ago for non-TR FO.

I feel the same way, after SpanAir, and especially Malev, they surely have a big pool of experienced pilots that applied. Especially from Malev... they just did a job fair in Budapest pretty much aimed directly at Malev pilots, did it on the same day RYR did theirs, so I imagine they were fighting for them. So.... theres probably a pretty large pool of some experienced airline pilots at Wizz right now hoping for a BUD base sometime in their future. Sucks for everyone else.

SAS-A321
14th Feb 2012, 07:30
To whom did they send this email?

To all who applied for the cadet program. I added more of the email in the post above. It is most likely due to the availability of the Malev and Spanair pilots.

LNAV737
14th Feb 2012, 08:45
B767

That's for sure .....i just talked to a guy who has been waiting for the phone call for 3 months now and still waiting .....so that would be it.We can say good by to our applications .....:(

B767PL
15th Feb 2012, 03:20
Yea mate, odds just got a lot worse.

I have a buddy who recently passed the phone interview, before Malev went under, and was supposed to be scheduled for a face to face interview. I wonder if he will actually get the phone call to schedule that interview. Hope Wizz at least picks up some airframes for this extra flying sooner then later... not sure how many pilots Malev had, but all experienced, and all Hungarian, and now all looking for work.. :bored:

Pietro84
15th Feb 2012, 19:10
Hi any feedback about online quiz?
Which kind of questions i will get?
And what about the telephone interview whats look like?
Ciao

LNAV737
15th Feb 2012, 19:47
Pietro84

My friend don't you read the posts below ? Unless you are rated on A320 with 1000h it's not likely that they will answer you anyhow ....You have a plenty of time to prepare for the phone interview .... first be happy if they even go through you application ...Malev has buried all of us NON TR FO's ....so my advice to you is to stick to your current job and don't waist energy ...if it comes...that's it, if not ..... some thing other will came up ....:ugh:

LNAV737
15th Feb 2012, 19:53
B767

Just like you said as the days go buy the less hope i have about Wizz reply ....there is nothing else we can do but wait and continue with our present jobs .....But this looks just like every other airline bull**** screening ...which ends : '' we will call you'' !!!! End of the story :E

B767PL
16th Feb 2012, 00:19
Yea man, hope they follow up on their phone call for you. Malev debacle surely doesn't help any of us. Let us know if you do end up getting the phone call, however, since you are already in the system you might still get it. They just might be a bit busy now with everything going on.

1husi
16th Feb 2012, 12:15
Turbavykas (http://www.pprune.org/members/208846-turbavykas)

Jet familiarization course, as far as I know, is required by Airbus before the typerating, unless you have previous jet experience or MCC course on jet type.

LNAV737
16th Feb 2012, 14:04
B767PL

That's the only thing i have left to hope for .....but let's see ...I'll let you know.

Safe flying :ok:

zondaracer
16th Feb 2012, 14:20
LNAV737, I thought you were an FO already on a 737?

Pietro84
16th Feb 2012, 18:06
Actually i am rated on A320 with 1200 total time and i got last week the email with the quiz....and i'am just asking if somebody got some feedback about the test.
Thats it...
If someone got the test and can share i will apreciate it.
Thanks.

LNAV737
16th Feb 2012, 20:15
Pietro84

Sorry than ! I taught You applied for NON TR A320 F/O ! Than Your odds look much better than ours :E

zondaracer

I am F/O on 737 with experience on type but i applied for NON TR A320 F/O ..... :(

cyrilferrandini007
22nd Mar 2012, 14:59
hi guys !!!!!

I have passed the on-line test almost 2 months ago and haven't got an answer yet .....
Does anyone know if I would be given an answer wether it si positive or not ???

Thanks .

imaximov
22nd Mar 2012, 15:03
Just few posts earlier:

Given the recent changes within the aviation market place, we have had to realign our recruitment objectives.
Accordingly, cadet pilot applicants for whom we have given an interview invitation, this offer remains valid and you are asked to confirm your attendance.
All other cadet pilot applicants at any other stage in recruitment (application, quiz, telephone etc...) are advised that the hiring has been temporarily put on-hold.

Presently, the recruitment team is screening experienced pilots and those with previous airline experience, and we anticipate to interview a limited number of cadet pilots in 2013.

LNAV737
23rd Mar 2012, 09:38
cyrilferrandini007

Don't worry they are gonna call you sooner or later.That's what they do.They interview almost everyone who has experience and apply.I've learned that myself.They have interview two times per month...each interview has around 20 pilots in the group....so be patient and You'll receive a call out of nowhere.

Mostang
24th Mar 2012, 17:02
Hey,

Have they called you, finally?

SAS-A321
25th Mar 2012, 14:41
They interview almost everyone who has experience and apply.
Wrong. They only interview people with lots of experience. They felt they had to offer the Malev pilots a job. 30.000€ for a type rating. What a joke. :ugh: I hope that none took that offer!

Jerry Lee
25th Mar 2012, 14:59
So, what could they do then? Stay on the ground? The sandpit and Far East is not for everyone.

LNAV737
26th Mar 2012, 08:05
SAS A321

Give me a break ! I attended the interview 10 days ago ...i was the youngest one there.I spoke to one guy all the time,and he was 500 h TOTAL time without jet experience 485 h on C172 and 15h on PA34 ....you call that only experienced pilots ? Two months ago a friend of mine got hired with 2800h on C172 and 200 h on PA34 he was an FI .....out of 20 interviewed pilots only him and two more got a job one of them was from Malev := The same in my group they rejected one F/O who was type rated on A320 with total time of 12000 h he flew a long haul as well but still they have called another C172 FI for a simulator assessment...quite strange criteria ....so don't talk the things you hear....:oh:

truckflyer
26th Mar 2012, 10:17
SAS A321

With regards to the Malev pilots, some got offered jobs, but pretty clear from people have spoken to, that pilots used to Malev's conditions, would not be preferable choice for Wizz, as they work in a complete different way.

Would you expect BA pilots to want to go to work for Ryanair? I guess the company if employing to many Malev pilots would get some issues with regards to the company, as the Wizz air pilots are not used to getting same privileges as the pilots from Malev would have had.

It just shows that companies like Malev, Swiss (once upon a time), Alitalia was run wrong, SAS is one of the future companies, that could end in the same way. Terms and conditions secured by a time, when the companies had monopoly, and subsided by their national governments. I find it tragic to see how some of these companies survived with their in-bread politics and hiring policies, going on strike when they was making above average salaries, making the whole profession look like greedy people!

SAS-A321
27th Mar 2012, 18:29
Sure, they might have changed their hiring politics and it looks like they have changed it to hire poor kids, who are willing to pay for flying :yuk::= Give me just one good reason for taking a 500H SEP pilot over an already A320 rated pilot, except for earning money on them.

Truckflyer:
Everyone will take a step down the ladder, if they have too. We all need food on the table. Just look at the guys who pays for flying. :oh:

LNAV737
28th Mar 2012, 07:33
SAS-A321

That's the truth ......:yuk: Because the thing is if you self sponsor A320 then you pay 15 000 € ..but if it is half by you half by them than the fee is 30 000 € :D so over the next 15 months they deduct 1000€ every month from your salary ..so they just borrow you the money :E

truckflyer
28th Mar 2012, 11:50
SAS-A321;

Why take a 500 SEP ahead of a A320, with loads of experience?

Good question SAS-A321, and my question would be why not?

Companies have with a lot more reputation than Wizz, Ryanair and SAS, have done this for years, BA, Lufthansa, KLM etc.

Why have they done this?

So they probably could shape them to fit in with their company, and company ethos. Not very complicated, a step down you say, pilots have to take sometimes, has it ever occured to you that some companies don't want people who are taking step downs?

Why?

Because probably the first chance of a better job they will be gone to a better company, so why spend thousands on re-training a very experienced pilot, when he probably will be gone within 12 months?

Take a Cadet, for him it will be more motivation to stay probably 4 - 5 years, so he get's command, for the Cadet it is a win win situation, and for the company they can offer lower salaries, saving money, however they are not lowering the standards, as it is already a proven concept from BA and others.

Just because you pay for your TR, does not mean you are walking into the RHS unchallenged, you still have to show excellent skills and work ability.

Bring in 100 Malev pilots, and you would be asking for trouble in your company, they would unit, work hard to get terms and conditions as they have been used to in the past!
Of course we wish we all could have such terms, but some companies simply do not plan to implement such economical constraints on their business.

It would be a potential bad/poisoners CRM environment, them against us! Having in the past run my own companies, I could easily development of individual groups wanting more than others, because they example have a lot of experience, also they would go into the job demotivated, waiting for a chance to get away, and it would not be positive for the companies present or future!

The thing, everybody takes a step down in their desperation, in the start it might work out ok, but after time, 6 months, 1 year or more, it will change the environment. Companies like Wizz, Ryanair, they do not set any lower standards for their training or pilots, just because they have had to pay their own TR, if you believe that, than you are deluding yourself!

It certainly beats working as and FI for 5 years, and never getting any other job, because you can't afford to renew your IR anymore!

Eurocargo
5th Apr 2012, 12:10
Hi to all.

I just got a phone call home from a nice guy from wizzair few minutes ago.
I had luck, I am never at home.
Anyway he asked if I want to go to the assessment next week in London.
I answered yes of course.
I am 320 rated with 400 hours and 1700 total. I never had to do the online quiz, just applied few months ago.
I am now waiting for the confirmation email.
Any suggestions on what to prepare?

Thanks in advance!

SAS-A321
12th Apr 2012, 14:13
How long do you get to prepare ATPL theory before you have to complete the test? Two weeks?

e.c
12th Apr 2012, 23:02
I also got an email from them to do the ATPL test so now i am wondering how long we can prepare ourself for That test. And what kind of questions is it and if someone knows how the telphone interview is. :confused:

e.c
12th Apr 2012, 23:44
Now i got an email from them again and they says That i have to finish the test until 15 april, so Basically they give you max 4 days to prepare :ugh:

WX Man
16th Apr 2012, 14:07
Had an application in with Wizz for about 3 months now, and heard nothing (apart from the email acknowledgement).

3000 hours (mostly multi crew turboprop), age range 30-35. First time passes in everything. I'm not holding my hopes though.

Eurocargo
16th Apr 2012, 21:28
Anyone who was in London on the 10th and 11th of April can please advice if he got an email from Wizzair?
I just received today an email from them with the result.

SAS-A321
17th Apr 2012, 05:50
WX Man:
I don't know if you are type rated, but according to their website they are only looking for rated guys now. If you are not type rated and have an application you might still get invited. I had an application with them for more than 6 months before I heard from them.

WX Man
17th Apr 2012, 09:33
SAS- I'm not A320 TR'd. I'm guessing they are only looking for rated guys now because all of their available TR courses are now filled...?

It was the same story for me with another operator. Did very well in the selection, but initial TR courses were filled. Nice try but no cigar.

Another summer in my current job, methinks!

SAS-A321
29th Apr 2012, 21:50
Has anyone heard from Wizz Air after doing the test on the 15th April?

johnvrts
17th Aug 2012, 12:33
Hi guys. Anyone that has applied recently for Wizz and has any news ? Does anybody has an opinion of their current situation ?

prg737
8th Sep 2012, 22:49
To tell another story… The interview was a controversal experience, very different from what I experienced at other airlines. I was 737 rider in Africa that time, wanted to get back to Europe. Put in significant time and cash to do the interview at Gatwick. The event starts with a HR briefing. bases, history, #aircrafts, salaries, depending where are you employed/subcontracted etc. Things you either knew before or did't need to know at his phase. 15 minutes with HR and 15 minutes with 2 capitains in different rooms. HR had only typical questions: why Wizz, 3 weaknesses/strength, pref base. The 2 captains had just the same questions to every candidate: fuel planning, 1 hour IFR flight with your aircraft. Some rwy lights. No tricky questions, short logbook review, thank you. Same for everyone, based on lobby talk, regardless of background. At the end the candidates had to line up in front of the 2 captains- á la army. Those who qualified for the sim (~50%) were called. No word to the others. Comme il faut. I was not called, so I can not tell the sim story.

In brief: Definetly they do need and do hire some people. It is unlikely though, that the candidates are selected on such an event. Why? Based on a 15 min interview with uniform questions it is impossible to make difference between people neither regarding their personallity, nor their technical knowledge. McDonalds is putting in more to select his crew. I am not trying to guess how the candidates are actually selected. I was putting this down just to help you to raise the question: spend 4 days of your life and pay for costs to assist this show for the lowest paid Airbus job of the continent?

Good luck!

LNAV737
9th Sep 2012, 08:25
My friend seems like we have the same destiny.I've also worked in Africa on 737 when i was called to do an interview at Gatwick OAA.It was great opportunity for me to get my ass back to Europe....my interview had exactly the same flow....i haven't been called to the sim assessment either....I can tell you how they pick their crew : JUST FIND SOME GOOD CONNECTION :yuk: Later on i found out ....how the things work.I was stupid enough to go there and hope that I'm gonna pass easily and that everything is just fair := 23 people on the assessment first day 50 % dropped,tomorrow 11 on the sim 2-3 of them get an offer.One of them is 37 years old cadet who flew diamond as FI ..... :D funny indeed.They discard Alitalia pilot with 11 000 h who's TR on A320 ...i don't wanna mention that he flew 767 for 11 years...:D....So good luck to all of you applying :E