PDA

View Full Version : Commute DXB-AUH, where to live?

NineInchSnail
5th Oct 2009, 17:22
Hi Folks,

Working in AUH but living in Dubai, what would be the best location to live to spend the least amount of time on the road? (I would guess somewhere with quick access to the highway)

Thanks

Spoogie
5th Oct 2009, 18:06
Go for the Marina ...best location for going strait to AUH!!

T-6
5th Oct 2009, 18:11
Check Dubai Marina! Cheers

Dubaian
6th Oct 2009, 05:12
Yup Marina or similar is your best bet. Avoid anything on the 'inland' side of SZR, i.e. Greens, Discovery Gardens, Barsha etc - because road access is pathetic. The RTA in DXB want stuffing with the fluffy end of a pineapple for their lack of provision of half-way reasonable road access to so many of the developments in 'New Dubai'.

I'm actually commuting from Deira to AUH Airport area - it's not as bad as it used to be. Traffic in general through DXB has eased a bit since the credit crunch hit home.

BigGeordie
6th Oct 2009, 06:28
You could have a look at Arabian Ranches/Sports City/Green Community if you want a villa. I believe access to AD on Emirates Road is relatively painless. Otherwise go for the Marina.

OMDB-PiLoT
6th Oct 2009, 09:37
Arabian Ranches / Motor City / Sports City are well connected to Emirates Road!! Apartment rents are cheaper in this area compared to Marina with nearly the same amenities. Spinney's hypermarket opened up in Motor City as well. Very peaceful locality, especially the Arabian Ranches.

Best location, No Traffic, Happy life :-)

porra
6th Oct 2009, 11:27
I'd say if you're wanting an added quality of life - live on the palm jumeirah!

OMDB-PiLoT
8th Oct 2009, 09:04
LOL ya added quality, unless if a big party happens at Atlantis and you wont get access to your home or if the winds pick up, you will be half under water. The furniture has already gone bad in some areas due to high humidity levels in the area. Add that with any corrosive items in your home and your stuck alone in your pyjamas waiting for a Tsunami wave to take you away with it. Have you tried commuting to one of those palm villas from SZR! It's a pain and half driving through those lights and traffic. My 3 cents :)

(BTW, I moved out of that place in Jan, so I am not sure how bad or good the situation is over there).

Nightfire
8th Oct 2009, 12:41
I'd say if you're wanting an added quality of life - live on the palm jumeirah!

:E If you can afford THAT (even during times like these), then you wouldn't still be working for EY. Not, of course, unless you're a local - in which case "working" wouldn't be a description of what you're doing at EK. :E

NineInchSnail
8th Oct 2009, 13:18
Thanks for the info. I guess Marina it will be!!!