PDA

View Full Version : Converting Canadian ATPL to JAA

CDNATPL
5th Oct 2009, 13:45
Hello,

If anyone has successfully converted their Cdn ATPL to a JAA (specifically UK CAA) one I would love to hear about their experience.

Based on my flight time I am exempt from any course but still need to write the 14 exams. What confuses me is the flight test. It states I must pass a skills test on my type, does that mean I have to pay for a Simulator ride on my type (Q400)?

Also, does anyone know if there is a time limit from when I complete all the exams to when I have to have the skills test done?

Thanks, any info is appreciated.

CDNATPL

papang
19th Oct 2009, 06:41
Hello,

I am converting my canadian ATPL to CAA/JAA ATPL. I have just been through the 14 exams, that was not so easy, but with experience you can expedite it in 4-5 months. Now I am about to book the skill test, and of course it has to be on your type, in my case it will be on ATR, so I have to book a sim + a CAA observer (you have to pay for his transport, accomodation...!) + TRE + a partner for the sim !
I don't know what we will be asked during that sim and how long should it last ! 4 hours ? 2 hours ? I keep on questionning the CAA but they never answer your email !!!
So far, that's all I can tell you about this conversion

itsbrokenagain
19th Oct 2009, 15:08
You really have to pay for an observer, isnt there any sim centers for the ATR with JAA/EASA approvals and testing officers?? You would think there would be seeing its made in their part of the world....