PDA

View Full Version : Qantas (QF) Engineering Singapore (SIN)

AtALoss
5th Oct 2009, 02:01
Anybody know what is happening at QF SIN?
Rumors of a big change in engineering.
Expat boys coming home. Local employment. Jobs for the boys.
Been told that internal job vacancy notice for LAME position in SIN.

Twitter n Bisted
5th Oct 2009, 06:04
Jobs for the boys.

Do tell? :eek:

Been told that internal job vacancy notice for LAME position in SIN.

True and no conditions or pay offered unless you get to interview :ugh:

AtALoss
5th Oct 2009, 06:36
A little bird who nests in SIN has chirped that all local jobs have been earmarked for soon to be ex-SQ engineers who already hold A380 ticket.
Smart move by QF to poach staff with the training they don't wish to pay for. That's what I would do if I was paying the bills.

AtALoss
5th Oct 2009, 06:41
By the way....
Big party in SIN last night for long staff member. Bet the tongues where waggling.
Fly on the wall and all that....
Rumors set to fly when all travelers return to nest.

QF22
5th Oct 2009, 07:56
I believe salary package is pretty ordinary, and locals would be the only ones willing to accept it.
Also this has been in the pipe for several years but nobody in SYD is capable of making a decision.

AtALoss
6th Oct 2009, 03:28
QF22,
Thanks for your input.
I've heard similar, but wouldn't it be nice if the selection process was fair and not preordained?
Little bird went chirp again and whispered in my ear that this "pre-selection" was organized by QF staff member rather than management. I hope NOT an ALAEA brother.

OlAME
6th Oct 2009, 06:15
Why ? will you ,miss out >

Twitter n Bisted
6th Oct 2009, 07:05
I've heard similar, but wouldn't it be nice if the selection process was fair and not preordained?
Little bird went chirp again and whispered in my ear that this "pre-selection" was organized by QF staff member rather than management. I hope NOT an ALAEA brother.

You have me lost ?? What is your point? What is the riddle?

I would have thought the reason the expat guys are coming home, is because they have been offered local conditions and the T & Cs were not enough to entice them to stay, The expat guys have been there a long time ,I would expect the guys would be more than happy to stay as their social and professional lives would be embedded in Singapore.

So if the current expats don't think what is on offer (local conditions) is good enough to stay why on earth would any other expat else think its a good deal.
So why would you be "pre selected" ?
Plenty of local Singaporeans have been employed before, they come and they go. Nothing new, just new for now.

Tell us more :ok:

QF22
6th Oct 2009, 07:08
I am surprised to hear they are advertising internally.
A labour agency was engaged to hire LAE's locally in S'pore.
With a salary of around $100K SGD,if that, and no schooling, medical, or housing, or OT. Don't even think about it if you have school aged kids.

QF22
6th Oct 2009, 07:11
Exactly, you hit the nail right on the head ! ! !

leewan
20th Oct 2009, 06:23
Is the QF SIN base closing down ? Heard that the SQ LAEs will be signing off the QF A380s for a start.

QF22
28th Oct 2009, 05:58
No QF SIN not closing down, the SQ LAEs will certify the QF31/32 if ever they can pass the stringent tests and achieve the high standards QF require.
It's just a cost cutting exercise, the guys from Oz who have been in S'pore for 7 years on a 2 year posting are just too damn expensive.
They want to hire locals at half the price.
Good luck, they may get them, but none of the locals like certifying QF bcoz they are a pain in the ar$e!

leewan
29th Oct 2009, 04:50
but none of the locals like certifying QF bcoz they are a pain in the ar$e!

Spot on ! :)

QF22
2nd Nov 2009, 16:38
I hear interviews are underway in SYD for QF SIN LAME positions.
It should be interesting to see who they get?
Hope any of the successfuls don't have kids, what with no schooling, housing or transport allowance they will be working for zip once they have paid for those!

AtALoss
3rd Nov 2009, 01:41
QF22. You seem to know all about the goings on for these positions in SIN. Did any reliable information come out from those interviews? So far, it seems like only speculation and rumors. Rumors are good though. They are what keep this forum going.

QF22
3rd Nov 2009, 07:41
I was told the Manager from SIN was in SYD now conducting interviews.
I don't have any reason to doubt the info from reliable source.
I don't post rumours.
I just hope the candidates have a full appreciation of the costs associated with living in S'pore. Why do you think all the guys on posting conditions are going home?
Bcoz the new local terms are very poor, I believe.

AtALoss
5th Nov 2009, 10:33
QF22.
It seems you got offended by my comments. Not intentional.

QF22
5th Nov 2009, 12:59
No offence taken, was just being to the point.
I think QF want LAME's to hold B744,A330 and A380 all with LMA.
I am no sure of salary so won't speculate, but I believe no too great for somebody who holds all these ratings.

QF22
24th Nov 2009, 06:00
Any word of the successful applicants for QF SIN?

AtALoss
30th Nov 2009, 00:23
I have heard that 2 guys from SYD.

QF22
6th Dec 2009, 03:57
I would love to know the terms and conditions.
They will need a few more, unless some of the guys in S'pore have folded?

QF22
12th Dec 2009, 07:09
I hear SIAEC will start doing the QF A330s in Singapore.
I wonder if this is the beginning of the end for QF Eng SIN?
No reason why SIAEC couldn't do all A380s and A330s eventually?

Bootstrap1
12th Dec 2009, 09:07
SIAEC is doing the 380s, their people have been trained up,i think they are already doing some of the turn arounds at the moment

leewan
12th Dec 2009, 14:39
SIAEC is doing the 380s, their people have been trained up,i think they are already doing some of the turn arounds at the moment

If I'm not mistaken, SIAEC is doing the morning transits while the night transits are still handled by the QF guys.

GodDamSlacker
14th Dec 2009, 23:40
Yeah 2 guys from Syd have been successfull with the interview, one an A380 team guy and the other an SIT...be interesting if they accept the conditions QF management are offering..SIN isnt a cheap place to live that for sure!!

QF22
15th Dec 2009, 12:16
It's not too bad if you're single, or just you and the Mrs.
But if you've got school aged kids forget it !