PDA

View Full Version : Old Malaysia Hands and The Empire Tower Roof Pad

generalspecific
5th Oct 2009, 00:41
Any one of you old Malaysia hands ever been off the top of the Old Empire Tower Heli Pad. Company I work for has an interest in the buidling and I was up on the roof last week. Surface in poor state along the the fire services. Trying to work out whether it is worth re commisioning as there doesn't seem to be much heli traffic to downtown even through the main airport is 45 to an hour away....

WLM
5th Oct 2009, 00:54
Hi

I assume you talking about Vista Tower and would be using a twin for the job yes?

Cheers
Skyking2

generalspecific
5th Oct 2009, 02:54
Indeed now called Vista Tower (the marketing must be working!). No planned ops near term just interested in any stories from when it used to be in use and what if any operators run (or don't run) downtown shuttle ops..

he1iaviator
5th Oct 2009, 02:57
Only twins can land on rooftop helipads in Malaysia.

I think the issue with the Empire Tower facility was one of cost as I believe the charges did not compare favourably with landing on the cricket pitch at Club Amman just next door. A single can be used at the club, and the roti telur and beer there are much cheaper too!

As far as flights to KLIA are concerned there would need to be a proper helipad within walking distance of the terminal to make the trip attractive.

tophelios
5th Oct 2009, 10:35
and if I'm not mistaken, you need a car to go from KLIA to the official helipad there...

he1iaviator
6th Oct 2009, 15:39
Thought I had a pic somewhere!

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z78/he1iaviator/KL/N320AH027.jpg

birrddog
6th Oct 2009, 20:41
hope you don't suffer from vertigo!

generalspecific
7th Oct 2009, 00:30
nice photo :ok: