PDA

View Full Version : Helvetic Airways recruiting?

lorenzo77
3rd Oct 2009, 14:55
Does anybody know whether Helvetic Airways are currently recruiting FOs? The application is quite time consuming, and I would devote my time to other carriers first if they are just going to say "sorry no jobs". Thanks!

pilotho
3rd Oct 2009, 16:31
I am sure Helvetic would love your level of commitment to them.

lorenzo77
4th Oct 2009, 13:12
they certainly would love your IQ

why are there always not-so-smarts around who waste everybody's time with useless answers

if u got nothing to say, stay silent

pilotho
4th Oct 2009, 21:36
If you was the airline, would you really want to hire someone who would only spend time on you because there is a reward. How does that show you want to work for them?

How long would it take and how bothered would you actually be to spend some time on the application if you want to work for someone. You get a job by showing commitment and dedication.

I just don't seem to sense any from your post.

lorenzo77
7th Oct 2009, 14:15
pilotho, i am just trying to prioritise my jobsearch in a rational manner, that's all. i dunno why you are fixating on this, but since u seem so interested, i'll explain.

first, i'm applying to operators that are recruiting. next i'll apply to operators that are not recruiting, yet they are accepting applications - that is where helvetic stands as of know, i understand. if they were recruiting, i would apply to them first. if they are not, I will give priority to who is recruiting. that's all

now, i don't think this is particularly interesting for ppruners, so i think both me and u should erase our boring exchange up to this point.

but is someone knows whether they are recruiting, then a post would still be appreciated

balhambob
7th Oct 2009, 14:52
If you was the airline, would you really want to hire someone who would only spend time on you because there is a reward. How does that show you want to work for them?

If you were the airline, would you really want to hire someone who did not have a basic understanding of English grammar?

I think you are getting your subjunctive past tense confused with your indicative past tense.

Simon150
7th Oct 2009, 19:20
Since I am also prioritizing the time I devote to lengthy application forms, I would also be interested to know if there are rumors that this company is actively (or even thinking about) recruiting.

I am sure that Helvetic wouldn't understand workload management, task priority or anything like that anyway. These concepts have no place in the modern cockpit :ugh:

Why do forums bring out the worst in people? Pilotho - who put you in charge of Helvetic recruitment anyway?

Lorenzo77. Can't help I am afraid but I will try and find out.

superdash
7th Oct 2009, 19:32
It never ceases to amaze me that a simple request for some information like lorenzo77's can turn into useless handbag slinging. They are like seagulls don't feed them and they will probably bugger off :ok:

You have probably already checked but..

Helvetic Airways jobs, payscales and entry requirements. (http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/jobs/Helvetic_Airways)

Simon150
7th Oct 2009, 20:08
On their website, Helvetic appear to have a maximum requirement of 500h (<500h) on MPA for FO applications.

I assume it's a typo and is actually a minimum requirement, in which case I am 'out'.

That said, they also say an MCC is not required on application, but since thats required for the 1st TR on MP aircraft, something doesn't quite add up....

Cecco
8th Oct 2009, 20:19
No, it's not a typo. They actually do not want FO candidates to have more than 500 hours MPA. A MCC entry in your licence is not a requirement when submitting your application but...a MCC course must have been completed by the time your TR starts. I think this point is somewhere mentioned on the job section on their homepage.

Ronand
9th Oct 2009, 13:37
I know a lot of people who were told off by them! Even though they were german native speakers had all at least A level degrees and MCC. I think they must be looking for guys with more experience....
I still think it really might be a typo or they prefer swiss nationals....

aha83
9th Oct 2009, 14:20
yes, it is a typo... I myself got the answer that I didn't meet the 500h MPA requirement.