PDA

View Full Version : Maccau HKIA transfer with ferry

Wannabe Flyer
3rd Oct 2009, 07:53
I am traveling from Maccau and need to catch the ferry from Maccau to HKIA and connect onto an Air Asia flight onwards.

Queries I have are as follows

1) Do I need to pass thru entry immigration on the HKIA side on arrival from Maccau or do they have a transit point that allows you to by pass (air asia is not part of thru check airlines on the ferry system and am assuming I will pass exit immigration in Macau).

2) Ferry Arrival at HKIA do they have check in there for all airlines or do we have to lug bags across to terminal/immigration and go thru standard check in procedure

3) Ferry ride from Maccau to HKIA is 50 mins as listed, how long will the rest of the process take?

I have seen HKIA website and ferry and am unable to get queries for my answers there besides schedules. Any feedback would be appreciated

Thank you

Arrowhead
8th Oct 2009, 09:59
1) Do I need to pass thru entry immigration on the HKIA side on arrival from Maccau or do they have a transit point that allows you to by pass (air asia is not part of thru check airlines on the ferry system and am assuming I will pass exit immigration in Macau).-NO, THEY EVEN GIVE YOU THE DEPARTURE TAX BACK WHICH IS INCLUDED IN YOUR HK TICKET. YOU EXIT IMMIGRATION IN MACAO, AND ARRIVE AIRSIDE IN HK

2) Ferry Arrival at HKIA do they have check in there for all airlines or do we have to lug bags across to terminal/immigration and go thru standard check in procedure IF AIR ASIA IS NOT PART OF THE AGREEMENT (SEE WEBSITE) YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CHECK YOUR BAGS IN AT THE MACAO FERRY TERMINAL OR HK. IF YOU NEED TO CHECK BAGS AND THERE IS NO AGREEMENT THEN YOU CANNOT USE THIS SERVICE, AND YOU WILL HAVE TO GO VIA CENTRAL HK. BECAUSE YOU ARRIVE AIRSIDE AT HKIA.

3) Ferry ride from Maccau to HKIA is 50 mins as listed, how long will the rest of the process take? THEY REQUIRE 2 HRS I BELIEVE FROM ARRIVING AT HKIA FERRY TERMINAL TO THE DEPARTURE OF YOUR FLIGHT. SEE THE WEBSITE

I have seen HKIA website and ferry and am unable to get queries for my answers there besides schedules. Any feedback would be appreciated