PDA

View Full Version : Aeroflot

jmc_757-200
14th Aug 2003, 04:49
Hi,
Here is one of the first pictures of an Aeroflot aircraft in the airlines new livery:

http://www.skyliner-aviation.de/photos/icons/01n618sh-ICON.jpg

Boeing 767-300, N61SH, is seen here arriving at Dublin from Shannon just after being painted in the new colour scheme. The aircraft used to operate with Air 2000.

Thanks

jmc_757-200

WHBM
14th Aug 2003, 05:19
How many different Aeroflot schemes does that make since Perestroika?

This one looks remarkably like Delta !

compressor stall
14th Oct 2003, 08:41
I was on Aeroflot's website the other day and I am sure it said that in 2003 they were to join SkyTeam alliance.

SkyTeam's website says nothing of the sort.

Now I cannot find the reference on the Aeroflot website! What's going on? :confused:

Boss Raptor
14th Oct 2003, 15:41
Some years ago the then new CEO of SV, Mr. Olukov, asked Air France to be their 'guiding light' technical and operational partner which resulted in the 'join Skyteam' scenario. This was in parallel to the input of a 5 man team from Mc. Kinsey who's first bright idea was to mate one of the worlds' most old fashioned airlines SV with one of the worlds' worst performing and worst run airlines as AF was at that time...(Mc. Kinsey fee for this sort of brilliance (not!) goes into $ millions a year)

I understand one of the requirements was completion of the exclusive SV/Skyteam SVO 3 Terminal, which remains far from complete.

SV also has massive internal problems which it has seemingly failed to resolve and the CEO Olukov is under very public attack from the SV Chairman and board (and staff!) for his lack of cohesive results.

The company has continued to make large losses despite streamlining and being given access to Western aircraft on very attractive/preferencial fiscal and financial terms. The Chairman has identified that despite the cost of the new SV livery/branding Olukov has done nothing to change the core problems and infrastructure at SV.

Think Skyteam is still looking a long way off for many reasons...

Kalium Chloride
14th Oct 2003, 20:06
What's Saudi Arabian Airlines gotta do with Aeroflot (SU) and SkyTeam? ;)

Signed: A Pedant

compressor stall
15th Oct 2003, 17:09
Thanks BR.

Did a google search and found the statement on www.aeroflot.no (The norwegian aeroflot office).

I am trying to get to Anchorage and Petropavlovsk-Kamchatksy in one trip ex oz in March. Unfortunatley it necessitates a RTW from Star Aliiance, then a side fare ex Moscow to PK, and back then continue. Mega$$$

If Aeroflot joined Skyteam I could fly Korean Oz to Anc, then whatever to Moscow, then Aeroflot to PK etc.

So its back to option 1. :ugh:

Boss Raptor
15th Oct 2003, 23:17
SU/SV - a typo - you try using a cyrillic keyboard for text! :mad:

DownIn3Green
16th Oct 2003, 09:58
I was flying to Riga from JFK on Aug 14, (the pwr outage day) and was supposed to carry on to Prague, but because of the delay, I was routed to Helsinki out of Moscow on Aeroflot.

A B-737-400 and a very good experience all around. Real First Class 2/2 seats, not the psudo economy/business moving divider evident on most European carriers. Good food, friendly staff, and lots of smiles all around.

Way to Go Delta, and Aeroflot...

dash88
21st Jan 2009, 03:39
I read this in a local russian newspaper in TO, last flight March 29 but not any where on website, or the web. Anyone with more info,& why, they where 4x wkly! :confused:

Married a Canadian
1st Feb 2009, 08:50
Seems to be a safety issue with the other aircraft on their long haul fleet

Russia's Aeroflot Cancels Flights After Grounding Six Il-96 - Technology - redOrbit (http://www.redorbit.com/news/technology/215426/russias_aeroflot_cancels_flights_after_grounding_six_il96/index.html)

Not sure how long it will last as there is currently no other direct service to Russia from YYZ.

dash88
1st Feb 2009, 14:23
Transaero is coming back to compensate 2x DME-YYZ :D

ksg
6th Aug 2009, 16:09
Transaero started to operate 747 on Toronto - Moscow flight instead of 767 operated by Aeroflot. Transaero Airlines - Toronto Flights (http://www.opentoronto.com/cnt/transaero_airlines_air_airlines_toronto.php). They also changed the airport from SVO to DME (Domodedovo airport, which is much better) .

dash88
30th Sep 2009, 04:04
Transaero started to operate 747 on Toronto - Moscow flight instead of 767

what is your source, I bought a ticket for march and it states 767,

LGS6753
16th Nov 2009, 20:45
Doing a search, Aeroflot come out cheapest on London - Bangkok. Aircraft types are Western (A321 & A330), but what reputation does Aeroflot enjoy these days?
In the Tupolev/Ilyushin days, one went in fear of their safety record and their fierce CC! Have they changed?

Buster the Bear
16th Nov 2009, 21:11
Can I pay more and fly on an IL-62 (please)?

22/04
16th Nov 2009, 21:46
I don't think there is a safey issue on Aeroflot international servixes - or ever has been .

I'm with Buster- nothing like a 75 second ground role out of Karachi on a hot calm night during the first Gulf war in a packed IL-62 - full of BA and LH pax as they weren't there to come and get us.

Underpowered but built like a brick ****house.

169west
29th Apr 2010, 07:57
Any idea on how to get a job with them?

sputnik77
17th Jun 2010, 04:25
At least for now you need to be a Russian citizen to work for them. If so, they are hiring.