PDA

View Full Version : Eligibility of flying in the UK

mykl
30th Sep 2009, 02:04
Hi all
I really need some advice as to whether there would be any possibilities of getting a job as a pilot in the UK.
I hail from the Pacific and hold an Australian CPL with about 7,000 total hours in which about 2,000+ is command on turboprop and about 1,500+ on trislander.
I am married to an Irishman and am exploring employment opportunities would there be a possibility of me being hired with a different passport.
Thank you.

eph6
30th Sep 2009, 07:32
majuro, your marriage to your irish husband will give you the right to work and irish citizenship. you'll need to apply under the post nupital citizenship rules.
thats the first hurdle... next are conversion of licence and then find a job. loads of people have done it prior to you, so why not. I came to the UK as a kiwi.
coincidentally, what part of the pacific?

mykl
30th Sep 2009, 11:38
Hi eph6,
Thanks for your prompt reply
It is good to talk with someone of the same experience, maybe you can give me a bit of further advise if you don't mind
In order for me to remain in the UK my husband will have to apply for me under the "settlement plan", that takes well over a year to process. During that time the home office are required to keep my passport.
I presume I would be unable to fly without a passport?
The other thing you could help me with is to put me in touch with prospective employers who would be willing to employ me under a Kiribati passport.
I am from Kiribati but am currently working in the Marshall Islands
Thank you once again