PDA

View Full Version : BBMF...French such squadron will never exist !

lelolo44
29th Sep 2009, 18:25
The equivalent of your BBMF in france would be equiped with D520, Curtiss H75, MS406, Bloch 152, Potez 63-11, but we have no squadron taking care of our past ...
the French government also decided in 2009 to close the "Normandie Niemen" squadron for few years, leaving ex Vichy squadrons "alive" ...
It is amazing to see how a tiny water channel can make a difference concerning behaviours toward history !
Just to say that your BBMF is such a strong positive sign for all these people who fought successfully more than 60 years ago !!

Rainboe
29th Sep 2009, 21:49
Thank you, but it is too small- relying on single types left! But it does stir the heart- a wonderful sight (and sound). And after enormous work and expense, the Vulcan is the most wonderful thing in the sky! I will never understand how a broke Britain in the 50s managed to develop such an amazing thing. To watch it do aerobatics is the most awesome thing in aviation! Bar none.

chiglet
29th Sep 2009, 22:44
the Vulcan is the most wonderful thing in the sky! I will never understand how a broke Britain in the 50s managed to develop such an amazing thing. To watch it do aerobatics is the most awesome thing in aviation! Bar none.

As an ex Fighter Command erk...[ ADO........aka....Scopie], I would rate the Vulcan number 2...... by 0.00001 behind the E.E. Lightning F1/3/6.
Having seen both displays, the Lightning just edges it.....

Tankertrashnav
30th Sep 2009, 08:17
I think the point is that you sort of expect a Lightning to be able do what it does, whereas its always a surprise that an aircraft designed as a high-level bomber can do it as well.

BTW even though I have a degree in French I am ashamed to say I could not post in French as well as lelo44 has in English. Mes felicitations

jindabyne
30th Sep 2009, 09:20
To watch it do aerobatics is the most awesome thing in aviation! Bar none.

What??!!

Lightning Mate
1st Oct 2009, 09:56
What.....What.....What...???

10W
1st Oct 2009, 12:36
Serious thread drift ... it's BBMF we are talking about, not the Cold War ;)