PDA

View Full Version : curious on this matter....

ba038
28th Sep 2009, 23:58
To get stright to the point if i happen to know someone that is pritty senior in a major uk airline,do you think they can hook me up with a FO job?

I would obviously have to go through the interview stages but is it possible?

What are your views on this?

Please bare in mind i have NOT commenced pilot trainning yet?

Capetonian
29th Sep 2009, 02:18
Ill get stright to the point two. I dout if anyone pritty senior in any ereline worthy of its name would consider imploying sumwun whos spelling and gramer is as badd as yores.

I sujjest you bare that in mind and dont waist yore munny on pielot trainning. Gett sum inglish lesson ferst.

Gary Lager
29th Sep 2009, 07:15
Tell us who you are referring to (initials would be fine), and what his position is, and we will be able to establish whether it's possible. Cheers!

Dr Eckener
29th Sep 2009, 08:29
Why don't you ask them? How the hell should we know :ugh:

Kirks gusset
29th Sep 2009, 10:21
No.. You may get an interview, but jobs are awarded on merit and performance not on whom you know.. unlesss you are at the top end of the spectrum TRE etc when the rules become more flexible, but then you are in greater demand..In any event, I doubt anyone with an once of sense would put their reputation on the line and risk hiring an unknown quantity, this would just give the training depts the ammo needed to get even with the management! my advice..paddle your own canoe

Nearly There
29th Sep 2009, 12:13
I know someone high up at Liverpool Football Club, but I aint going to put me boots on tonight and be playing left midfield next to Stevie Gerrard!

They MAY get your CV in the 'right pile' but the rest is down to you, your personality and abilities!

jordanpolonijo
29th Sep 2009, 17:46
Get 'us a trial son.!!!!

My left pegs TOP DRAW!!!!

haha:ok:

G SXTY
29th Sep 2009, 20:02
Wow, nearly 24 hours since you posted and you still haven't been jumped on by the spelling police or the troll patrol.

Must be a quiet day on Pprune. :)

ba038
29th Sep 2009, 20:06
Thank you! The last six posts have summed up my answer from pprune.In fact the exact order i wanted them, first some ***** about spelling then some humor then a serious answer.

G SXTY- the last six posts doesn’t include you.

Flintstone
29th Sep 2009, 20:09
PPRuNe's a bit like a computer and you know what they say about those, don't you? Put sh*t in, get sh*t out.

Self inflicted injury son. ;)

toolowtoofast
29th Sep 2009, 20:29
ba038 - asking the same question (or variation of) since the beginning of the year, getting the same reply, but still doing it!

Before you hand in any CV - make sure you get it spell checked.

G SXTY
29th Sep 2009, 20:34
Some say there's no such thing as a silly question. I'm not so sure. :ok:

bingofuel
29th Sep 2009, 20:57
Once you hold the necessary licence and ratings (ie a fATPL MEIR,) knowing someone in a senior position who is prepared to put a good word in for you, may well get your CV looked at more favourably, as known quantities are beneficial, but as you have yet to start training I think your question is rather premature.

Bealzebub
29th Sep 2009, 20:58
Well if you spend the next few years actually obtaining all your qualifications, and make an effort not to write like a badly educated 11 year old, you may be able to impress somebody into recommending you for interview, provided you meet all the other requirements that their company may insist on.

A personal recommendation can sometimes be a major factor in getting a C.V to the top of a pile, but beyond that it will not usually circumvent any other process. The person making the recommendation will also have a reputation and credibility that they wouldn't want to see diminished either.

It's worth bearing in mind that life isn't the "X-factor" and achievement is often the result of a lot of hard work and overcoming significant difficulties and setbacks. I often repeat the same advice about the importance of presenting an intelligent, mature, common sense outlook when considering this type of employment. Without it you have no realistic chance at all.

Halfwayback
30th Sep 2009, 19:03
BA038

You have had some accurate and helpful advice from people who, having read your first post - and perhaps some of your other posts in other threads - have been more than considerate with their advice.

My advice to you would be listen to the response you have had in this thread and in the others threads that you have 'posted' in.

Locked! :ok:

HWB