PDA

View Full Version : Help Please !

JLMF
28th Sep 2009, 21:41
Hello , Iīm Jose Luis ,Iīm 18 years old.
I want to start PPL in UK, but I donīt know were.I saw in Bristol, but is very very expensive.
Anybody meet any places were I can to do my PPL?
My idea is to continue with MODULAR FORM until FROZEN ATPL.
I wait your answers.
THANKS.
JOSE LUIS MOLINA FRAILE.

Spit-Fire
28th Sep 2009, 22:05
Where do you live in the UK or have you not moved here yet?

JLMF
28th Sep 2009, 22:24
I live in Spain. I must to find a house in UK.

JLMF
29th Sep 2009, 11:23
And I need your help, because you meet better than me the UK schools.

Whirlygig
29th Sep 2009, 11:33
For UK JAA modular ATPL, you don't need a UK PPL; any ICAO PPL will do. I would have thought that Spain would be cheaper (especially with regards accommodation and travel costs) and with better weather.

But, if you want to come here (and I'll assume the PPL is full-time over a few weeks) then you can go to pretty much any school and there are many goods one from which to choose. I suspect that location will be more important - many airfields are not accessible by public transport so you would need a car as well.

The best thing is to Google some schools, ring them up, talk to them. What suits one person may not suit you.

Cheers

Whirls

JLMF
29th Sep 2009, 12:01
I would like to do my PPL in UK because if I realize it in UK, I will learn a lot of english, and in the PPL there are the big part of the planesī vocabulary.I need to find a school, which isnīt very very expensive and where I cuold to go by public transport.
I think that must have in UK many Fly Clubs and Schools

I saw in Bristol, but I think is expensive.(9000 Libras in total) with 45 hours on Piper PA28 Warrior.

I need your help please and know what do you think.

Flintstone
29th Sep 2009, 12:16
If you're just talking about the PPL you might have more luck asking in the Private Forum where they'll be a little more familiar with smaller airports/fields, access, accomodation and the like.

Good luck.

JLMF
29th Sep 2009, 12:41
I trust that some person , who had realize already the PPL in UK, help me.

Please.

JOSE LUIS:

selfin
29th Sep 2009, 14:58
Download from the UK CAA's website the latest version of Standards Document 31: Version 97 (mysteriously dated 28th October 2009) is available here (http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?catid=33&pagetype=65&appid=11&mode=detail&id=2854).

You know better than us the order of priorities in your calculations. The Canadian civil air transport authority, Transport Canada, has produced universally-applicable guidance material on the selection of flight crew training organisations. Step 4 is, in my opinion, essential.

Good luck.

sion22
29th Sep 2009, 15:05
search your homeland - Spain first

it has to be cheaper doing your PPL there

you live at home
transport is local

there are some ppl schools in spain that are german or uk owned
i cant comment on how good they are but this has to be your option if you want to save money

there are much cheaper ways to improve your english than do a flying course!

JLMF
29th Sep 2009, 17:35
I want to do my PPl in UK, but I donīt know where.If any person have done the PPL in UK, please , help me and tell me his/her experience.-
Thanks.

Whirlygig
29th Sep 2009, 17:44
OK. I did my PPL at Sterling Helicopters in Norwich. I thought they were very good. Does that help? :}

Since you don't want to listen to the advice given (that is, you are better off doing your PPL in Spain and improving your English via other methods), try this (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=flying+schools+UK)

You are the one who needs to do the research. You are the one who knows how much money you've got, what your other requirements are and organise your own accommodation. You are the one who needs to contact various schools to ask about costs and training.

Agreed, there are a lot to choose from but the research and decision must be yours. What suited me will not suit you for example, I didn't want a fixed wing PPL.

Cheers

Whirls

Aerouk
29th Sep 2009, 19:18
I done mine at Prestwick Flying Club (http://www.prestwickflyingclub.co.uk/) and www.prestwickflightcentre.com (http://www.prestwickflightcentre.com)

Big runway, loads of traffic (especially military) almost impossible to get fog.

JLMF
29th Sep 2009, 19:19
What about Stapleford Stapleford Flight Centre - Private Pilot - PPL Training (http://www.flysfc.com/pploverviewprivate.html) ?
Anybody have done his PPL here? Is it recomended and good?

The other school that I know is Bristol, but I think is very expensive because you are in a big airport.

What do you think?

THANKS.JOSE LUIS.

Flintstone
29th Sep 2009, 19:45
I done mine at .......

Think there's more than one person round here that needs to improve their english:rolleyes:

pilotbear
30th Sep 2009, 19:00
west coast of scotland NO FOG?? Someone is not being very truthfull here:eek:

Aerouk
30th Sep 2009, 20:03
Think there's more than one person round here that needs to improve their english- I think, not Think.

- 'english' has a capital E.

- accommodation, not accomodation.

- Try using full stops at the end of any sentences.

You can pull me up for my English when yours is immaculate.

west coast of scotland NO FOG?? Someone is not being very truthfull hereOr perhaps you should do your own research before dismissing my post. Have a look for "Britain's only fog-free airport"

blommers
1st Oct 2009, 07:48
Try Jerez, there is a school there, Fly-in-Spain, which teaches the UK PPL with English instructors.

JLMF
1st Oct 2009, 09:12
But I prefer to go to UK, is the best place to learn English, I only want to know which school I choose to do my PPL.
Stapleford, Bournemouth, ...??

Dlunt125
1st Oct 2009, 12:58
Jesus... :ugh:As someone has already said its only you that can make the decision, check the websites out, give them a call or even better visit a few schools. That way you can judge first hand which school suits you best.
Good luck anyway!

Danny boy
1st Oct 2009, 19:45
Try Anglian Air Centre at Norwich Airport...great place to get your PPL... Anglian Air Centre > Norwich International Airport (http://www.anglianaircentre.co.uk/) :ok:

JLMF
2nd Oct 2009, 09:57
I think the best options are Bristol, Bournemouth and Stapleford,

1.Bristol.very expensive(ruled out)
2.Bournemouth, I visited it, good airport, accommodation normal (1.2 miles), but I donīt know if is petter than Stapleford(instructors in the both??, weather(the same I think .., planes..)
3.Stapleford, good accommodation in situ, but near to london, and I donīt know how is the school, I need your apinions about this school.

Other question is : Iīm from Spain, I wonīt have any problem if I realize my PPL in UK , no?Any problem if I want to continue my others licences in Spain?Or to do PPL and ATPL(theoretical) in uk and the remainder in Spain?

THANKS, JOSE LUIS.

Spit-Fire
2nd Oct 2009, 12:48
I'm getting the impression now that you are either having a laugh at mine and others expense or one needs to raise a telephone and do some of ones own research, there's only so much friendly people on here can do for you.

Whirlygig
2nd Oct 2009, 12:56
there's only so much friendly people on here can do for you.
I think our Spanish friend will keep asking for our opinions until he gets the one he wants to hear. :}

Cheers

Whirls

INNflight
2nd Oct 2009, 13:04
Now, JL, this may sound kinda weird to you, I am sure you have good reasoning for your decisions, but........ :E

Why would you do your PPL in the UK, even if there are (as mentioned before) schools in Spain, teaching with UK instructors and training you for a UK PPL?!

Especially if you want to do all your remaining licenses in Spain?!?!?!

Maybe draw that up on a sheet of paper again.

If you want to learn English, go take classes, don't go to the UK to get a UK PPL. :ok:

JLMF
2nd Oct 2009, 18:47
If you donīt want help me, COMGRATULATIONS MEN!

I want to do my PPL in UK, I only want your opinions and a little help, nathing more..

JOSE LUIS

Whirlygig
2nd Oct 2009, 19:05
And you've had opinions and help - just not the opinions and help you wanted to hear.

Seriously, you are wasting your money by doing a PPL in the UK. It will possibly take you longer if your English is not up to scratch. Why put extra pressure on yourself when learning a new skill by conducting the course in a foreign language.

And by the way, we're not all men.

Cheers

Whirls

Spit-Fire
2nd Oct 2009, 19:33
It's not about not wanting to help you my friend but you will find many good schools to do your ppl and the vast majority are worth considering. If you're considering the whole frozen ATPL route then perhaps try someone who can take you through zero to hero. My suggestion through experience Is Stapleford. We cannot make the decisions for you, that has got to be based on how you feel. Think about how much money you will be spending and make sure you remain happy all the way through.

All schools mentioned thus far I've heard good things about.

Halfwayback
2nd Oct 2009, 20:40
Jose

You asked for people to give you their opinion within the whole of the UK. They have done so. However you seem fixated by Stapleford and Bournemouth which you have visited.

I suggest that you visit Stapleford and make up your own mind because it seems you do not wish to know about other places.

All that will inevitably happen (it already has started!) that people will start a slanging match - so I am closing the thread.

HWB