PDA

View Full Version : Ex Joint Warrior‏ and Harriers

Ronald Reagan
28th Sep 2009, 12:07
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone could tell me when the Harriers are due to depart Cottesmore to join HMS Illustrious for Ex Joint Warrior?
I am an aviation photographer and had a good day at Cottesmore last Thursday. I think the exercise starts Monday Oct 5th but the ships are due to arrive in port from Friday 2nd October.
I am around 90 miles from Cott so I would be greatful for any heads up.
I don't think there is anything classified or secret in my request as its simply a deployment for a UK training exercise.
Assume it will be the Navy guys going for this?
I should add I live on a former World War 2 Chain Home Radar base at West Beckham in North Norfolk, not far from the Muckelburgh collection and its just great seeing the Harrier and and Tornado GR4 people coming over nice and low. I just miss the Jag Force!
Thanks in advance for any help,
Mike

mary meagher
5th Sep 2014, 19:54
Calling himself Ronald Regan? and supporting RUSSIA? on the Military Aviation forum on the thread discussing current unpleasantness in the Ukraine?
Very strange.

My only visit to the Evil Empire was in 1989, when it was all imploding. Most people were very very happy to leave when our BA flight departed Moscow.
Perhaps RR just likes to stir things up...

NutLoose
5th Sep 2014, 20:15
He did post his reasoning on one of the threads on here when asked why.... Came over in my eyes as very naive.. With his location, maybe he's been microwaved a tad

Lyneham Lad
7th Sep 2014, 19:38
Isn't it known as 'NFN' ? (as in 'normal for Norfolk') ;)