PDA

View Full Version : A320 training centre???

scottiel8
27th Sep 2009, 22:47
Does anyone have any info on "GLOBAL PILOT TRAINING CENTER" there A320 / line training course? im very sceptical of these places but would like a bit of advise from former / current pilots?

Industry is treading water! looking for alternates... (forgive the pun)

scottie:ok:

USMCMBA
27th Sep 2009, 23:30
Very questionable. I can only communicate them with e-mail. Always get a reply from a guy named "Captain John M". I ask him to call, but he never does despite him promising he would do so.

Anyway, the plan is you pay $30K to get your type on A320 and fly 250 hours for some airline based in a former Soviet republic in central Asia. Very small carrier that has routes to Germany and Switzerland.

Anonymus6
28th Sep 2009, 00:16
I know Captain John M. well. The only thing I want to say is to stay away.

good luck

scottiel8
28th Sep 2009, 03:51
cheers fellas!!

just what i needed to hear.:ok:

Emapilota
7th Jul 2010, 19:24
I have been there in person, saw the whole thing and talked with them personally. If you would like more info about GPT send me a pm.

Take care

;)

A320rider
9th Jul 2010, 06:59
forget about these guys in USA.
the training JAR is complicated. you need approved sim, approved instructors, approve check, then find a plane for base check.
then you are limited in time, based check within 3-6 months. if you fail the timing, you go back to the sim.
then you have to wait for your license. can take time...

now if you think already to make 200h, line training, and have a job which pay you money... ahaha, you make me laugh.your money will be gone, and you will have to restart when you discover that your CAA will not grand you your TR...

once again, stay away from these P2F schemes who look too good to be true.

if you want make a real and serious training, you have 2 choices:

1. flight safety
2. CAE

all other TRTOs are just a bunch of comics thinking to get your money with desperate flight instructor who can not get a job in the airlines.

and to finish, even if you manage to make 200-500h on the bus, you won;t find a job, minimum requirement are 1500tt, 500h on the bus.

you will never get the 1500h TT, so once again, forget about it!

Emapilota
9th Jul 2010, 20:40
@Masterofdesire

the facility is nice, of course a lot of money are involved, you have to think twice before you sign a contract however if you can afford it go for it. I didn't do anything with them, just talked, saw some paper work, and visited the facility. I can tell you they look profressional but you never know, of course would be better to hear from somebody who did the whole thing.

Unlikely many of the ppl here are saying stay away to P2F program, I have a friend who did that in europe with an european company and; 1st. he got already back the whole money 2nd. now he is an airline pilot in the middle east.

@A320 rider

....would you do such a thing if you have the money? I bet yes...

At this moment I can't do it, but believe me I would love to do such a program, if you can afford it why not....

;)

A320rider
10th Jul 2010, 11:25
ahah the funy thing, is I can pay myself several type ratings or line training in the row, if I want.but see, why should I work to make peanuts when I can place my money and not loose any penny.

you think it s fun to fly all day long? with no money at the end. hell no!

in a few months, they will all try to lick my ass for my money. they do it already!I am ano money giver, and it worked so far pretty well for me.

more you ask, more you get...
once you start to give, you don't stop to give. all the crooks will run after you.

F... P2F, f...line training.
tonight I am going to sleep well!:E another 400$ i made by not paying these schemes.

dolly08
30th Jul 2010, 22:21
HI,

I am new to this network, i have lot of questions and things to discuss.
I have completed my commercial pilot licence and want to know about the courses offered at eagle jet international, is anyone familiar with that, their courses for turbojet?

Kindly help

dolly08
30th Jul 2010, 23:02
hi,

I wanted to know if you have already started in GPTC in Florida, how do think the facility is and how genuine they are with their trainings.

dogmaster
31st Jul 2010, 05:14
open a business in Florida: 100$
close the business in 10 minutes and leave with the money to Mexico: $$your money$$

this is what happened to a lot of folks there!

now pay for a good lawyer!

LKA17
1st Aug 2010, 15:08
Hi Dolly08,

Yes I finished my training long ago, and now I am about to be hired by an airline with my 300 hrs A320 time + my piston time. :ok:

I do not know what the issue with some of the people here, but if you want something, you do it.

How do you know who these people are on pprune? do you want to make huge decisions in your life based on what people say here? :ugh:

NOT ME!!!..:=

dolly08
2nd Aug 2010, 20:17
thanks for the information, could you also tell me where you did your type rating for A-320 and how was the experience at Global, how much time it took and a little bit more about how they execute the program.

thanks

LKA17
3rd Aug 2010, 16:01
Dolly08,

I did a mistake doing my type rating somewhere else, actually it wasn't a mistake, it was costly CAD$20,000 + $2500 for accommodations 4 weeks.

I did at active aerospace in vacouver BC, Canada. I must admit that they are really good.

I didn't knew that GPTC was also offering TR on their full package through Flight Training International for very less.

I suggest you go to their website and read everything, including the FAQ's.

Cheers and all the best.:ok:

dolly08
4th Aug 2010, 01:34
HI,

thank you for the time and the information. Appreciate it.

A320halfcapt
30th Sep 2010, 19:47
Dear everybody,

Myself paid cca 30.000 USD-s now 10 month ago and the only socalled "service" I have received for it is 4,5 hrs fixed-base SIM in 1,5 hrs sessions.

Pretty nice amount for that, right?

My contract is about 500 hrs at a specified airline.

The amount I paid exceeds the 50% of the total contracted amount, even though GPTC did not allocate me anywhere to commnece the line training.

As much as I could find out GPTC does not even have any contract whith the specified airline, moreover that airline never sold 500 hrs training block via any agency.

The contract clearly states: if no service, deducting a 2.500 USD-s registration fee the raminder should be paid back.

I asked them far ago to do so.

They promised other airlines, again, as per my best knowledge they do not have any.

Then they promised to refund but never reimbursed anything.

I know about couple of others in the same shoe whith paid amounts ranging mostly in between 20.000-45.000 USD-s.

Would be nice to know about all in the same club/pool.

Strange that some who lost on this are still "working for them".

Seems to be pretty childish attitude......

Any thoughts, suggestions, facts are very welcome.

foff
4th Oct 2010, 10:41
hope you and your colleagues are reported to the administration.

A320halfcapt
6th Oct 2010, 18:06
All relevant actions are on the way and being conducted on due course whith all relevant details.

These guys have not desrved anything else. Pretty simple.

All logged and archived.

Cheers.

North Pilot
11th Oct 2010, 16:56
Thats right, I heard he is from Brazil also.

As regards to proof, non on paper, just what the chaps who parted with their hard earned cash tell me about him (believe me their suffering).

Makes my blood boil when I hear about firms like Global Pilot.

sony1
31st Oct 2010, 00:19
i was thinking of joing this type rating course, is it worth it? or am I throwing money into the sea?

favete linguis
31st Oct 2010, 21:19
Very much like this one too, A320 Type Rating - A320 Type Rating Training - How To Fly An Airbus (http://www.a320typerating.com/)

Avoid like the plague - you will only line the owners pockets.

Wirbelsturm
2nd Dec 2010, 19:52
Very much like this one too, A320 Type Rating - A320 Type Rating Training - How To Fly An Airbus (http://www.a320typerating.com/)

Avoid like the plague - you will only line the owners pockets.

Hmmmm, wouldn't fly that one, the airbus in their banner seems to have an APU fire! :sad:

adam692
4th Dec 2010, 19:28
Has anyone had dealing with Active Aerospace in recent years, there was a lot of negative flack 5/6 years ago but nothing said since then. Any experience with the "placement programs" they suggest? Thx

captainsuperstorm
5th Dec 2010, 13:16
sounds the P2F scheme is coming to the end.

how many guys are happy or very happy? none
how many guys found a job? nobody knows exactly, probably 0.1 %, or even less...
How many guys have been ripped off? MANY!!! nobody know exactly,but I guess thousands...

Airbus Girl
7th Dec 2010, 19:15
Who would pay $30 or $50,000 up front for nothing? Blimey, I am in the wrong business!!!!

wigwag
8th Dec 2010, 18:30
You and me both airbus girl.

captainsuperstorm afraid not, plenty are going through the P2F scheme, more than you can imagine. Panam are running a nice little scheme and heard on the grapevine Jan and Feb are nearly booked up.

PAN AM EUROPE (http://www.panameurope.com)

I cannot belive how many are rushing to do this, but its their money i guess.

ww

scetoaux
22nd Jan 2011, 22:17
Dear Pilots who have been scammed by Global Pilot Training:

In addition to the online form posted before, please print the PDF form and along with proof of your wire transfer and POST MAIL the documents to the address below:

http://www.myfloridalegal.com/consumercomplaint.pdf

Please return completed consumer contact form to:
Office of Attorney General Pam Bondi
State of Florida
PL-01, The Capitol
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-1050

Also make sure you FAX a copy of what you send to the Attorney General to the:

Economic Crimes Division
Office of the Attorney General
The Capitol
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1050
Fax: 850-488-4483

Stay tuned guys, we will soon be posting the FAA contacts Office of Inspector General, Training Fraud Division once I confirm the issue with the authorized personnel.

DO NOT LET THESE GUYS GET AWAY. THIS IS THE UNITED STATES AND THERE IS A LAW TO HOLD THESE SCAMMERS ACCOUNTABLE.

MOGEFK THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT, PLEASE FORWARD THIS INFO AS WELL.