PDA

View Full Version : EgyptAir seat?

igb56
27th Sep 2009, 18:20
I`m going (along with wife) to Cairo on Egyptair from LHR? I`m already booked on package (Nile cruise). How can I get good seat - window, front near emergency exit? Thanks.

SLF3b
30th Sep 2009, 10:48
If you booked through a travel agent they can do it for you (or at least ours can). If you booked online you can't. If they do pre-book a seat and someone important wants it you will end up in 52H. So don't pre-book the front few rows in economy.

ODMEA
1st Oct 2009, 07:40
Begs the question, why are you travelling with MS? I always take my hat off to those brave travellers out there.
Good luck. You'll need it.

Oddy.

Pax Vobiscum
2nd Oct 2009, 19:46
What have you got against MS, Oddy? Not my favourite airline, I'd rather fly BD or BA to Cairo, but if they're significantly cheaper or the times more convenient I fly them without a qualm.
Only slight quibble is that on my last flight (a 330) the emergency instructions were for a 340 (Mrs PV's in the next seat were fine). I handed it in to the CC, all the time wondering "how does that happen?" :confused:

igb56
4th Oct 2009, 18:31
I not a religious person, but in view of your comments I might just take it up

ODMEA
5th Oct 2009, 04:51
Pax you answered your own question.
They are a horror carrier and anything remotley positive about MS is a smoke screen and usually short lived. I agree they are very cheap but in this life one gets what they pay for in most situations. They are government owned and run and changing livery or geting a new 777 as part of an American government subsidy isnt my idea of a progressive and safe carrier.

Oddy

ZFT
5th Oct 2009, 13:51
.........and yet they operate JAA Level D approved FSTDs (B777, A320, A330) in a modern training facility so the fundamentals of a safe operation seem to be in place?

ODMEA
6th Oct 2009, 04:25
ZFT that's certainly true but from what I know and experienced I wouldnt fly MS for free.

Oddy